Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2015 Symco Shakedown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GovernorKC, Jul 29, 2015.

1. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

I didn't see a thread on this years Symco Shakedown. With the event less than 2 weeks away, I thought I would start one. There is a forum on the new symcoshakedown.com but not a lot of activity there.

Symco is one of my favorite weekends of the summer. I have only missed one year since its inception. The vintage camping should be even better than last year. Lots of new bands playing this year. Though, I am a little disappointed there is less psychobilly/rockabilly bands. I suppose that is inline with the period correct theme of the weekend. I will also miss the flame throwing, it was always so awesome to see the flame throwing on the bridge. Should be a great weekend!

2. Squablow

Squablow

My girl and I will be there with her $1 car which you can see here

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/my-girl-builds-a-hot-rod-for-1.825604/

We're both looking forward to it this year, I retired from gate inspector last year, now we're just going to hang out and participate.

I'd like to see the pinup girl contest come back, but I'm not willing to organize it, so I won't complain too hard. They are raffling off a '56 Belair this year for the Shriners, that will be cool to see.

3. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

Man that is an awesome build thread and story.
    Auctioning the Belair is very cool.

Squablow likes this.
  4. Squablow

Squablow

It's a raffle, not an auction, I think tickets are like $10 and they're going to pick a name.

5. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

Yeah I knew it was a raffle, not sure why I typed auction... and only 1500 tickets will be sold

6. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Hopefully I will be able to bring this to the show ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438223206.832663.jpg

GovernorKC likes this.
  7. 1pickup

1pickup

I'll be there. Hopefully, the fan will stay on the front of my flathead this year (& not destroy another radiator) , & my '39 standard will be in the show, instead of parked in the campground all weekend.

8. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

What happen to the flame thrower contest?

9. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

From the symco shakedown general show rules

There will be absolutely no flame throwing allowed anywhere on the Symco Shakedown property. Our insurance does not cover flame throwing nor are we able to pick up any insurance for it. Flame throwing on the grounds in any fashion will be immediate removal from our event.

10. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

This is one of my favorite shows to go to, I liked the pinup contest, (canceled), flamethrower contest, (canceled), I hope this don't turn out like the rest of the shows. Either way I will be there.

11. A first timer here. Hopefully, it will be worth it. No pin-up contest?...man.

12. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

Pin-up contests are cool, but they get kinda drawn out and lengthy. There will be plenty of pin-ups walking around. It's cool how much everyone gets into the vintage theme of the weekend.

13. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

Lets hope the rain stays away Friday. My 53 Chevy doesn't have wipers o_O The show has had good luck with weather in the past, I'm sure it will continue.

14. rustang

rustang

Rain-ex the crap out of your windshield my friend... I put like (3) coats on mine and have driven through some hellacious rain this summer (the single wiper on my truck only keeps the State Patrol off my back, not rain off the windshield).... supposed to rain Friday but be good Sat., then rain again Sunday... :)

15. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

I'll definitely do rainx. Thanks

16. Reading from the Symco site, something New - a Art Show. I'll be definitely be checking that out. A big turn out in the Hospitality bldg? we'll see.
    I used Rain-ex on a Nova with non functioning wipers at Hot Rod Nationals back in the 80's and when everyone was pulling over during a down pour, we just kept on driving.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015