Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Southern Employment Special

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Jul 19, 2015.

1. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Wasn't there a song about: you don't do the things you used to do.

But in your case it's more like you don't say the things you do.

Is there anybody closer that can swing by 7w Larry and check up on him.

Say after me Larry: Patiently...

You can say it

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438050242.610990.jpg

I will say you got a little more then enough tuck on you front fenders, but it's fare better then stock!!

3wLarry likes this.
  2. Actually when I make the new old tube axle fit with the fenders may come close to fitting like that. LOL

So just an update as you all know or can tell by the pics Tim came to visit. He lent me a hand running the tape and I am probably going to have to get a new main leaf made for the A spring. That involves going down town with come cash. I know that there is some out there; like someone once said, "Its just money there will always be some more." I am planning on keeping it spring over I like the axle where it sits.

The old beasty is going to sit purdy with the new axle spindle combo by the way and where it lands it lands, I'll build the rear around the front. ;)

So task for today is look for some of that "some more" this is not the place to announce things for sale so if you want to know what is going on the block you'll have to look in the other forum. LOL.

And yes I did get the lawn mowed, won't have to look at it for another day or two. ;)

Sancho and volvobrynk like this.
  3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I worked on my lawn last night man I love my JD 400 but as I was mowing I was thinking all the money I have in this thing. When I rebuilt the engine the money spent on that 2 cylinder could have built a nice small block short block.

4. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

Nice project. I have some front and rear fenders down in JCMO if you need them. I have 4 sets of 28-9 fronts, 1 set of rear, and a crusty set of splash aprons. I want them outta my way! Will trade for cold BEER. If you want pics let me know and I can text them to you or email them.

5. Don't really need fenders but my slash aprons are toast if yours are solid. I might could use the rears mine are a little soft. repairable but soft.

I'll send you a PM.

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Lol I was going to use bastard but I do t know him well enough to know if that's true so I went with so and so ;) as a funny turn of events my last name is McKenny though I have no connection with the restaurant in Texas

7. Well ... all I can say is : So and So's awaits you Mr. McKenny. Hope you're thirsty. I'd say it's no coincidence ... destiny awaits. :cool: That is funny tho'.
    soandsos.JPG

8. Well I like the short one on the left. LOL

9. Beeno,you don't need distractions...FOCUS on the task at hand! HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. LOL There is something that I want to say that is totally inappropriate but it is along the lines of her cleaning my wheels.

Well I have wasted enough time today I got to make this buick spin and snap some pics for the hoarders. ;)

HOTRODPRIMER and volvobrynk like this.
  11. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Call me when there's a bolt turned.

12. Turned a few yesterday. I'm on my way to turn some now. No reason to post a thing until there are some actual changes made.

13. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_0407[1].JPG

[​IMG]

Hey, can I join this beard party?
    1936741_99402030965_6484054_n[1].jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. Nice looking sedan Ben! Let me know if I can help with anything.

15. Feel free to send me a PM,you know I can take it! :D HRP

16. Sure the more the merrier. We all look a little Civil Warish anyway.

I will. Thanks

Hey I just got in from running an errand. It is too damned hot for motorcycles. Does anyone know if vintage air makes a kit for Harleys and would it be traditional if I put A/C on it? :D

volvobrynk and leadfootloon like this.
  17. I'm headed out to South Dakota next week i will check the venders.:D:p

18. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

19. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

There is nothing wrong with a little hired help to keep the project on schedule. Wait......what project are you working on again???

20. LOL I am not sure I would want to be biding against 1,000,000 people for anything. You'll be lucky to get hot dogs in that crowd. :D

Looks like a fun auction though.

Edit on a side note I got a battery all charged up to spin this old nail head over, I still want to pull the plugs and slip a little oil in the cylinders. Damn its hot out there. Supposed to be cooler tomorrow, we'll see.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Let me know and I'll video it firing up!

22. Yes sir we will be rolling into town that day. Just hanging around a little bit and going to keep west to yellow stone we are staying in dead wood tho. And PB no trailers don't worry :D

23. [​IMG]

Certainly... HRP

992982_719290948787_730309294_n.jpg

24. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beano, the million people will be at Sturgis this year, 75th anniversary of the event. I doubt there will be a million at the auction.....

25. Well that's better. There is only one reason that I would go to Sturgis and if I am not called I aint goin'. :D

I didn't like the run in the '70s too many yahoos for me (and I was or am one) now it would just be a zoo. But the auction looks damned cool. Buy something we can all be jealous about.

Good luck ;)

26. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I always enjoyed Sturgis week, back in the 70s. We always had a large group that went and had a blast and I was racing back then so it was the place to go. But I wouldn't want to go anymore, I think it has to be a zoo with a million people there.

27. LOL I sure wouldn't show up in a hot rodded Model A Sedan unless it was pulling an empty bike trailer and I was a chick that belonged to someone in the club. :D

Well maybe I would that is something I should consider, when the A bone is done enough for me at the time I may go and just raise some eyebrows. I can here it now, "he says he is with you guys" "That asshole? Nope we don't know him" LOL :D :D

Now I have purpose!!! :eek: :D I got to get busy while some of my buddies are still alive. Good times? You bet your sweet bippy.

off to the garage. you all enjoy your day. ;)

28. I recognize So and So! :cool:Who is the other one?:p

29. Boobies polluting PnB's thread ... felt bad doing such ... but boobies make everyone's day. Hi everyone !

30. Just call me Everyone:rolleyes: