Register now to get rid of these ads!

New kid from Indiana

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by cjjdavis2, Jul 27, 2015.

1. cjjdavis2

cjjdavis2

HI All,

New guy here from good ole Indiana (Noblesville to be specific).

I've been pouring over the forum for a while now but am still VERY new to the hobby. I grew up around hot rods my entire life and through high school and college worked with my grandfather in his custom exhaust shop where we did all the exhaust for all his hot rod buddies as well as his own rides. I have never had the opportunity to own my own yet as, at only 33, my wife and I's financial priorities were focused on our boys and getting settled in the house of our dreams.

Now we are finally getting to the point I can start to take in what background info I will need before I take my first financial step into realizing my dream of having my own hotrod toy. To this point, living in suburban Indiana I have been able to keep up on my mechanical abilities (I'm a System Analyst by profession) by working and restoring old Honda motorcycles (limited garage space). Now that we have space, we are 3/4 through the construction of my ultimate 26x26 detached garage that will will be the future home of my motorcycles, tools and hopefully hot rod (we have a 3 car attached now).

My main interests seem to overwhelming be in the truck arena. I am loving the fenderless hotrod trucks but also love the mid 50s bigger fords and GM models. My dad at one point in his many classics had a 47 chevy truck as well as a 53 Ford...both were my favorites growing up.

To be able to have a unique automobile that is dependable, something that would likely be my fair weather daily driver would be my absolute dream. No show trucks here...just something cool, vintage with patina, and is simple and reliable. (not too much right??):)

Thanks for any and all advice and thanks for having me.

2. Nealswheels

Nealswheels
    from Indiana

Welcome to the board! I am rather new as well and from the Terre Haute, IN area.

3. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Welcome to the site lots of cool projects going on and real knowledgable people.
    I live real close I run my white 55 sedan around Noblesville all the time. Good luck finding the hot rod you desire. Ron