Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects anyone mess with boats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stu, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Ha,ha...you got me,but that was deleted because it was not on topic..just like this thread! HRP

2. Special Ed

Special Ed

Off topic? Seriously? Tuck n' roll interior. Custom scallop paint job by Watson. Hot engine.
    You could not attend an indoor car show in Southern California during the early sixties without seeing boats entered, and parked next to some pretty cool hot rods ... I guess I just don't get it.
    WatsonBoat.jpg

Cris likes this.
  3. M1Lover

M1Lover

I had a 63 Century Sabre 18 foot inboard tournament ski boat. Philippine mahogany with a glass top. It had a Rambler 327 Graymarine engine with Velvet Drive trans. Straight 3" wet pipes sounded lovely. It pulled two slalom skiers out of the water like they weren't even back there. Loved that boat. Wood boats are awesome. Just don't ever forget that a wooden boat is a temporary state between dirt and dirt. You had better love woodwork or have a deep wallet. Let's go skiing!!

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Boats are very traditional and go hand in hand with hot rods and customs. I remember that almost every issue of Hot Rod had some flat bottomed drag boat or show boat featured, and, as Special Ed said, every car show had some customized boats mixed in with the cars.

With all the really OT threads that squeak by, one on this subject should be allowed for sure.

Don

Special Ed likes this.
  5. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Don & Special Ed are right on ... not only do I remember them but always looked forward to it. Probably the reason I purchased a '72 Rayson Craft circle boat ...

By the by ... Don how you all doing?

Special Ed likes this.
  6. In 2013 I did a lot of work on this early 50's Chris Craft, rebuilt the steering box, all new wiring (Rebel Wiring) rebuilt the fuel system, etc. This boat was the driver's grandfather's.

DSCN8973.JPG

7. flats

flats
    from Ohio

004.JPG March 1960 Miller add.jpg 005.JPG

The first picture is the boat in the add from March 1960 hot rod magazine. Pretty common to see hot rod boats in the mag back in the day. The second is a 1959 boat with a 354

8. indyjps

indyjps

I've come to the conclusion, the only boat I can own is a very slow fishing boat. Anything else and I'll want to hot rod it. Still don't own one though, available space is full of cars.

9. James426

James426

I've come to the conclusion, the only boat I can own is a very slow fishing boat. Anything else and I'll want to hot rod it. Still don't own one though, available space is full of cars.[/QUOTE]

Or do something like this with it... lol I built this for my daughter because she watches Spongebob and thought owning a boat you can drive on the roads like on the cartoon would bee cool. I agreed. We call it the Boatswagon because it's on a sixties VW chassis. I sprayed Multi-color House of Color candies over huge speedboat flake give it that acid trip look. The boatcar gets more attention by far than anything else I've ever owned and I've owned some pretty cool rides.

20150810_181612.jpg 20150810_181605.jpg 20150810_181716.jpg 20150810_181740.jpg 20150810_181730.jpg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015