Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Well yes, I was very disappointed, all that talk and now show, man what nerve, hope I never do anything like that. :)

30dodgeboy, powrshftr and II FUNNY like this.
  2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That charger would have (dogged my charger ) and did kick my ass.

3. speedwise

speedwise

I thought the goodie bags were fantastic. I'd also like to mention the door prizes were over the top this year. Thanks to all the sponsors.

Dog_Patch and powrshftr like this.
  4. speedwise

speedwise

I'd like to recognize Gears and Gals Magazine for the outstanding job on the Official Meltdown Drags Program and the pin up contest. They also had a great vendor booth.

Swamp Rat 4, Dog_Patch and 30dodgeboy like this.
  5. Had a blast at the meltdown. Met a bunch of new people thanks to all that attended. Without the participants and spectators there would not be a meltdown. I wish my coupe would have been running like it should but I never had a problem with it getting wet til now. I pulled it apart thinking I had some valve train issues and come to find out all the rain thursday filled up the back 2 spark plug tubes on both sides with water so I'm guessing it wasn't firing all the time.

Attached Files:

Dog_Patch, 30dodgeboy and beebee78 like this.
  6. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Hey! We didn't get a goodie ba...oh yeah, nevermind..... CD's this year too???! Where's Ric??? I gotta go kick him again! (then run like hell!) Any leftover copies of the 2014 DVD's??? Or are 2015 no-shows strictly forbidden from having one??? Huh Uncle Jeff, huh??? Or are 2015 no-shows being edited out of the 2014 DVD as we speak/type?

7. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

I second Scott's recommendation of "Green Onions"!

30dodgeboy likes this.
  8. squirrel

squirrel

I had water inside my distributor after the dousing it got Thursday afternoon. I figured it out pretty quick, fortunately.

30dodgeboy likes this.
  9. meltdown 15 184.jpg ...I'd like to second the comment on Gears & Gals magazine doing the schedule books, and if you missed getting this issue of the magazine they were selling at the t-shirt booth, you missed a great issue;...it is completely dedicated to the Meltdown Drags, has an article on how the whole idea became a reality, history on the Byron dragway and features on the Koopmeiners cars, Paul''s Fiat, and several other cars that attend this event. Very well written articles and very interesting....everyone should have this issue.

Swamp Rat 4 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  10. Let me help out with this Marc. Jeff, if you sponsor us a 2015 DVD, we'll only spank half the candy stripes off the Brokie Chokie next year. There, that oughta get it..,

30dodgeboy likes this.
  11. remember I told ya I saw a misfire out one side... ;)

12. That should have been on it for sure.
    Reminds me of the best part of American Graffiti!

13. My thoughts exactly Tony!

55belairx2, Dog_Patch and powrshftr like this.
  14. powrshftr

powrshftr

Thanks Buddy.

It was great to see you again,and once again,we would have been up shit creek without your expert assistance.:)

I wanna tell everybody about the "secret weapons" I dropped off for you,but don't wanna blow your cover yet if you haven't let the cat outta the bag....

Scott

55belairx2 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  15. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

I first went through the goodie bag tonight, lots of good stuff and a load of great magazines. I haven't checked out the cd but it will hard to beat the bottle of Hard Launch Honey Weiss, and they say there are no trophies at the Meltdown. Thanks again MDA it was 100% awesome.
    0722151935-00.jpg

16. shhhh. speak softly and carry a big stick. or something like that ;)

maybe at the 2016 MD...

we'll see...

now go get your ass back out in the garage and git wrenchin so YOU can Okie Doke the Okie Doker in 2016.

:D

17. ..,hmm, nothing from Jeff yet. Maybe I need to dial back a little. Ok here goes. Jeff, if you'll sell a DVD to Marc for double the regular price. I'll do the driving against you (a tenth handicap for ya) next year..,

55belairx2 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  18. ha ha ha ha :D

19. powrshftr

powrshftr

I was actually in the shop putting pistons in the "lil murder weapon" when I took a break to post that....lol

Ran into a few snags tonight,but should be mocking up pushrod length tomorrow,and wrapping up most of the loose ends by Sunday night.

Car will most likely be making some easy shakedown passes on the road out in front of Dad's place by next Wednesday,hitting the track Saturday/Sunday for an ONDR nostalgia drag event.:)

I will post some time slips when I get some,and maybe a few pics of the car in action if everything works out ok:)

Scott

20. powrshftr

powrshftr

My Son was diggin' it today,though....:)

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1437625454.002170.jpg

The long range plan is to put a stocker-type motor back into the car eventually,and have him drive it,once my A/FX fastback is together and Makin noise....:)

Scott

Posted using two Dixie cups and a medium length piece of string.

21. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Ric - sorry I was busy last night. Of course I will get Marc one of last year's videos...(Marc - just PM me your address), Ric - I might even send you one since you are such a nice guy. You guys definitely need to get next year on the calendar and start saving the change from your pockets to pay for the gas. And Ric...I am very much looking forward to lining up next to you

22. das858

das858

I'd like to thank the entire Meltdown crew also, I didn't think last year could be topped but you guys did it. We even had Rooman sit down with us in our pit for a couple of hours, what a treat and a really down to earth guy. You guys are the model for how to run an event. Thanks, Doug.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  23. Goodie bag was the best bag I have ever received ;) the beer bottle is up on the 'keep forever' shelf. Me and 3dnsouth listened to the CD on our 12 hour ride home, nice touch. Really enjoyed the infant sized sock too. Bet you thought it was too small :rolleyes:

24. So you got a gift from the SFFC'rs?

Hahaha!

Dog_Patch and enloe like this.
  25. rocketsled59

rocketsled59

I'm getting close. Very close but just had to put it in storage due to space constraints in the shop. Customers junk first. My junk second or third???

powrshftr likes this.
  26. meltdown 15 109.jpg speedwise, this one's fer you...

27. Ya it was good to meet you guys!!! Mebbe we will be dangling the skinnies side by side next season.... ya never can tell.....

sonic03bluegt likes this.
  28. redlineracer42 likes this.
  29. Wow I have not been on here in 57 pages!
    Thanks to all for attending the Meltdown. I had fun running the hairy hauler and doing smokey burnouts.
    Took my wife and kid for a ride along with 9 others on Sunday. Made 2 night passes. The work was worth it once again. I am thankful for all the help and support we have. It would be impossible with out you.

30. Here's the pics

Attached Files:

wingnutz and Swamp Rat 4 like this.