Register now to get rid of these ads!

what hambers were at bonneville in '98?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atch, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Sorry we missed that, I was standing with my buddy looking at his '41 chevy S/D at a little place calleed Fort Bridger, both scratchin our heads trying to figure out where the dive had gone. No oil leaking averything looked perfect, the mongrel just lost drive. Turned out to be a 10cent spring in the TH400's governor, broken.

Mike made sure I got there by diverting the Greyhound from the interstate to Ft Bridger and I was off on another adventure thanks to my hot rodding gene. That bus trip was a real revelation. Even the bus driver was stoked coz after 25 years on that route he'd never picked up a passenger in Ft Bridger.

2. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

It was my first time in a long time. I did some of the annoucing in the late '60's and early 70's.

When I got an invitation to attend the 50th reunion, I talked Cword and a bunch of other "crazy Canucks" to come and see what Bonneville was all about.

Well, that started the "ball rolling"; and now "North of '49" is going to the salt on a regular basis.

I also met carps while sitting on the back of my bright yellow '41 Ford Stake Bed Delivery; he was "rumaging" through my cooler!! (Peter, you still owe me for that one!!) :) (just kidding!)

Oh .. and BTW .. Where's Dolly these days??

3. I sitting here reading about everyone and I look down and what do I see- I'm wearing the tee shirt; so I guess I was there! I had a green T with black fenders rpu.

4. x77matt

x77matt
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was there with my dad. We had the honor of hangin with hotroddrummer's father and the maiden voyage of a friend's 32 3window. What a time!!!!

Came back again 2 years later driving my 33 red oxide primered Pickup. 2400 miles in a chopped 33 with a 283, 37 ford box, and 33 rear end, and bias ply's was an adventure! Can't wait to get back out there again.

5. krooser

krooser

I was there in spirit.......

6. I know this thread is old, but I came across it and wondered if anyone has a copy of the 360 photo taken that year? I'm trying to find one cause my dad and I were there and he had his 40 Ford in the pic.
    Thanks to all out there!

7. atch

atch

Bringing a thread back from the dead. (yes, I know that this is over ten years old)

Does anyone have the name/contact info for the guy that took the 360* pix?

I'd sure like to have a copy made if he's still got the negative.

8. The guys name is Dave Taylor, in 1998 his business was "Special Photography", 651 Broadway, Farmington, New Mexico 87401. Phone# 505-325-0202.

Don't know if any of this info is current, but it may be a place to start.

The photos were actually 420 degrees so I always tried to park in the middle and you would be in the photo twice, once on each end.

Anyhoo, I hope that helps.

Mick

9. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Mick is on it. My copy is framed into my wall but will be coming down with the move to TX. I've got the original mailing tube as well.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. atch

atch

thanx, guys.

I knew the H.A.M.B. would come through.

No one has answered their phone this morning, but I'm trying to contact them.

According to my web searches the # still belongs to David Taylor and also to "Elegant Images Photography" in Farmington.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  11. atch

atch

I've learned that:

1. Mr. Taylor still has the negative for the pic in question,

2. He is going to find it and let me know about having a reprint made

MY QUESTION FOR TODAY:

Is anyone else interested in getting a print made while he is making mine?

12. aircap

aircap

Just a spectator in '98. Took over 450 pix in 8 days. Most satisfying motorsports experience of my life.

13. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

It pretty much goes without saying, I was there in '98. Didn't get in any 360 degree picture though.

14. mtkawboy

mtkawboy

I was there but didn't know about the picture

15. I was there on Saturday. Will remember my first time, forever.

16. little howard

little howard
    from kcmo

Mike, put me down for one,
    Thanks,
    howard

17. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave
    Member Emeritus

I guess we're going to have to hold our breath for the next Speed Week. At the moment it's a "no go" on account of the lousy salt conditions.

18. saltracer219

saltracer219

We were there in 98, set a record just over 180. We were most likely too busy working on the car to get involved in the picture. You miss a lot of Bonneville Speedweek when you are racing.....

19. atch

atch

update:

As you all know these 360* photos were taken with old technology. David is trying to figure out how to make prints. Apparently he's going to have to scan the negative and somehow make prints from that.

Will keep you updated as news comes in.

20. wasn't that picture just for the guys that were part of a NSRA cruise?