Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects I think its time to pull the trigger on this one

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timwhit, Jul 21, 2015.

1. 001.JPG Some of you will remember a thread I started a few weeks ago called"where to from here"? I chronicled the cars I've had over the years and mentioned that I'd like to sell the cabrio and buy/build a coupe.
    I could have, maybe should have went straight to the classifieds but I have trouble "pulling the trigger" on some cars. I guess I need to exhale and go for it. I really need something more practical. The open car is great fun, at times. I've tried to get a top put on it but my three sources are all too busy right now. I believe it would have more appeal.
    I want a 32---34 steel coupe, 3 or 5 window. I may even look at some sedans of those years.
    I'm sure some of you are bored with this but some will have some wisdom for me....please!! Tim

2. Can you keep the cabrio and continue on with the search?

3. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Tim - stay with the hunt for a coupe - it took me 5 years to get my first one, they don't come easy.
    Stay with it and one will come your way.

4. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

I don't think you find them, I think they find you.

5. I don't really have the space in the garage for everything and would rather not spend all my cash to buy another project. There will be something out there. May take a while but we will find each other. I only want one girlfriend at a time anyway.

6. Tim,personally I like your car but I know you are ready for something different..just bite the bullet and post it in the classifieds,it's a nice car and you shouldn't have a problem selling or possibility trading for something you are looking for. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. I like your car a lot. It would look great with a lift-off, one piece, fabric covered top though. Just my thoughts.:D......Should be an easy sell if you have to go that way.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

If it were me, I'd sell the Cab right now! The right car always seems to come along when you don't have cash-in-hand.

9. tmfcracing

tmfcracing
    from Sweden

I don´t know really Tim , You got a really nice car and getting a top for it can´t be that much labor/work/time/money instead of buying/building/changing a new car..........but If you feel its time for a change you better just do it =) Im with you anyhow / Martin

10. If for some weird reason I keep this car, I have a list of things I'd like to do to it. Top of the list is a top. Everyone here is so busy, it will have to wait.

11. Well after reading the long thread about where all the good HAMBers are and this place not being what it used to be and being the post whore that I am I am inclined to say "man the fuck up and drive that bitch" but that would just be mean. :rolleyes: :D :D

I just made a move into the second sedan I have owned in 3 years and have almost enough pieces lying around to make it motate. Granted it is not as cool as a deuce or a model 40 but it is a big swing for me. I have always preferred coupes or trucks and traded a pretty complete but *unpractical pickup for it. I looked at a lot of things that I thought would be cool and finally found this sedan close to home and had to do exactly what you are suggesting pull the trigger on it.

I say go after it find and old sedan and build it and grin. :D that's what I plan on doing. ;)

*'61 Willys 4WD 4K @ 55 and only practical in the snow or the woods.

12. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Like HRP said, you are ready to move on, so now is the time to sell it. Summer is coming to an end and summer sells! Cars are like women, when you're desperate to find one all you get is problems. The right one doesn't come until you stop looking.

13. ehdave

ehdave

I reckon a removable hard top with a similar profile to a 3 window coupe could give you the best of both worlds, topless when you want or coupe when the whether sucks

14. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

15. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Hey Tim, Your Cabo is Bad Ass, but I know the feeling, it you really want another style, then put yours up for sale, with a no rush attitude and start your hunting. I kinda did that with my A Tudor and the day it went down the road, I found the Vic..

timwhit likes this.
  16. Gman0046

Gman0046

Tim, if your serious about selling, Louisville might be the place to hang a For Sale sign on it.

Gary

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Do you enjoy having a driver or a build project? I'll never know what having a driver is all about, but I sure have had a lot of build projects. When I get tired of one I sell it and go on to what I really want at that time. . Bob

18. Gary: I'm getting ready to put it in the Hamb classifieds and it will have a sign on it at the nats.
    Bob: I'd rather have a driver, I think! I still want to tinker and change and improve stuff. But, after three major re-builds I want to enjoy cruising for a while.
    My wife and I are going to cruisin the coast this year, who knows what might be there.
    Thank you guys for your input. Tim

19. My problem is I hate to not have a hot rod and too many projects,,I've been there before and I don't want to go back. HRP

20. Not lookin back!!! Car is n the classifieds now.

21. Good luck,it's a nice car and probably will sale fast. HRP