Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures New show...Cuban Chrome...not bad

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Jul 14, 2015.

1. prpmmp

prpmmp

I find this thread very interesting, It was started by a highly regarded member(3wLarry), just curious if a newbee started this I think he would be riddled with keyboard holes:eek:! Pete

2. seniority has its privileges :)

prpmmp likes this.
  3. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Awsome show cant wait for next episode

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

4. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Awesome, ok...Only three more days..

5. prpmmp

prpmmp

Your Sarcasm is Spot On!! Not as good as 3wLarry but good!! Pete

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Me standing in a Cuban alley, "Hey buddy, wanna buy a $30 U-joint?" If only I understood Spanish; there's too much going on that the sub-titles miss. Although a lot of those cars look to be in good condition, they are probably all full of bondo due to rust. They do get pretty creative in what they do to keep these cars running. I wonder what they have to pay for gas/diesel? I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

7. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

I was surprised to see the 58 their gonna work on next is a 4door hardtop never seen one here usually their all sedans. I do feel bad for their current economic situation. I texted my dad to watch it n told him a repop company might do well down there n he said yeah if they could afford it. Sad but probably true, just look what it costs us to ship our products here. Who knows as time progresses I bet they'll be some happy campers to stumble onto the hamb someday as they warm up to tech. I bet we could all learn some lessons from their resourcefulness. But I just cringe at the dirt n gravel donuts ?!? :eek: Flux

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  8. I just watched it on Comcast "On Demand". I really enjoyed the show. Will be sure to watch it from now on.
    It's on Youtube:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  9. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

America #1, Cuba, not so much. keep it that way.....In a few years we may be where they are now...

turboroadster and ace5043 like this.
  10. flypa38

flypa38

As said earlier "Yank Tanks" is a good watch along the same lines.

11. On tonight at 10:00 pm. (Eastern & Pacific)

12. gibraltar72

gibraltar72
    from Osseo Mi.

Yeah kinda hard fixing your steering woes with a driveshaft u joint. think its aimed at typical reality crowd that knows absolutely nothing about the subject.

33sporttruck likes this.
  13. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

A Toyota 22re in an old Buick ? A boat engine in another? I thought I live in the only backwoods county that had stuff like that. We should all be thankful for what we have & take for granted. I know it's 60% scripted but still a good watch. Flux

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

Watched it tonight and felt sorry for these poor guys trying to find an engine for the 53 Olds. The show might be BS but these guys are ingenious.

That big ass Toyota powered Buick must really be a bear.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  15. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

It is too bad it is edited together by people who are not car people. Some better editing would make it more accurate.
    The dedication the Cubans have to the hobby is awesome.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

I never realized how little money that they make. They have no money to repair their vehicles, live in marginal housing, but they have cell phones? Bill

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think this car show had a lot of potential, but the typical "Hollywood Producers" will screw it up. I watched part of it last night and then lost interest after a while. The "drama" centered around that one guy wanting to get his car in the club and sending his Son to apprentice with the "Best mechanic in Cuba" started wearing a little thin. When I saw him dumping lots of gas down the carb as it backfired I decided it was time for bed.

The preceding show, Street Outlaws, is still pretty good, and they haven't screwed that one up too bad. It is still reality tv, but at least the car stuff is pretty well done. (maybe except for the one racer who uses a dummy as a co-pilot). By contrast, Cuban Chrome is evidently produced by people who are not car people........my first hint was when they said the one guy drove a 1934 model a. :D

One show that I am surprised not making it was "Rides" by Jason Priestly. It had no BS and the fact were very accurate and entertaining. But I guess the masses who watch tv demand drama and dumb stunts.

18. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cuban Chrome was pretty bad yesterday...I'm Done with it.
    For the same reasons above...

Why don't "The Rich Club Dudes" let him have a Boat Motor in his ride?...
    I think that's the cool part of it...they make'em run with what they can get their hands on!

19. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

WOW, the HAMB is achanging. Once upon a time, threads about reality shows were off limits.

20. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Don,Not only did they sail that Buick,and the Chevy Truck before it. Our Coast Guard clocked them at 12-14 knots! They've got my respect.

21. My wife and I watched the first episode and we have the second episode on the DVR. We liked it, I thought it was really interesting seeing what car guys have to go through when they have nothing, making their own battery chargers and stuff like that. Looking forward to watching the second one tonight or this weekend.

22. I thought it sucked

23. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Been to Cuba a few times and they sure are proud of their old cars. They are parts of the family to them. I haven't caught one of the shows but I will be looking for them now.

24. I was down in Havana in 2004. Total time warp. I came home with a roll of film with nothing but cars.

25. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

sure its reality TV but it beats watching the housewives of bum fuck egypt..keep watching, ratings will keep it on the air and keep the other crap off.
    Only horrible thing I saw on CC was a modern dash in an older car, I can see drivetrain swaps but leave the classic dashes alone.
    Yeah the editing sucks, but at least when they handed him the U joint he was actually working on a driveshaft and not a steering column, even if he did have it in and out multiple times during the scene :D

26. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

Man has the HAMB changed.
    reality shows even about cars are forbidden. Rule number 37 I think.

Godspeed
    MrC.

27. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I know, reality shows, T-5s, 700s, LS motors. RIP H.A.M.B

28. I`m wondering if they can get stuff like Bondo ?

29. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Isnt that why there are separate sections? Are guys doing builds with T5s, 700s and LSs in the traditional hot rods and customs areas?

30. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

This was one in Holguin Cuba. Was pretty nice except those wheels. car11w.jpg