Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest When did the "band" break up?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mad-cad

mad-cad

Still here,but not with the dilligence I once had.Always reading never post much anyway.
    Very focused on the current Bonneville racer not HAMB friendly not traditional at all.
    Still have my old cars though and I don't know how to use half the functions on the new format.

povertyflats likes this.
  2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

where is @zman when you need him?...I gotta go poo

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. No you should have turned left at Albuquerque, no wait that was to go to Pismo Beach. I am so confused.

Cobbler

I think Germ went to rehab and started building cars. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  4. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Words to live by...

Strangelove.jpg

falcongeorge and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I a waiting for the post from someone that says they actually now buy parts from swap meets instead of e bay.
    "I love the smell of grease, dirt and fresh paint in the morning, it reminds me of Hot Rods!"

6. OK then I buy parts from swap meets instead of ebay. I did just sell some hemi heads on ebay, I'll never do that again. Ebay estimated the price to ship and it cost me almost triple what they told the dude. :(

7. When did the "band" break up?

The night they drove old Dixie down. :D HRP

lothiandon1940 and charleyw like this.
  8. Actually when Hollie and the Big Bopper went down, "It was a long long time ago I can still remember how that music used to make me smile . . ."

9. Steve

Steve

can someone just tell me where I can get my blinker fluid changed?

Germ is working on not getting kicked off of facebook and Mud, I think he is still building 4x4s

10. Deadbird

Deadbird

Plowboy has been bitten by the vintage motorcycle bug and I've personally seen him driving a Corvette! Still has the Spacetruck and hot rod projects though.

11. Dave50

Dave50

The reason their not around are because of the post in this thread and the post the posters in this thread create that only the same gang reply too ....... You cant understand it but because your part of the problem.. harsh I know but the plain old truth. you asked now your tighty whiteys are in a bunch.. you same few post to each other or give your two cents in every thread some answers you have no clue.. Groucho I will say I missed you when you where gone some funny shit!!! Some plain old truth!!

As F&J said some guys aren't here for Old traditional Hot Rods or the info on them.. The new builds are cool but IMO the new builds need to have there own place on the hamb. Not with the survivors or old school stuff that appears. This may be just my opinon ( I doubt it after talking to a lot of guys) Look at Petes thread of his TROG build and Many others. I miss so much cause I don't come every day anymore. The good threads get dropped to the bottom cause some of you want to bullshit about life and what you had for dinner the night before etc And add your awful opinion. The thread F&J is talking about as well is the stuff a lot of us came to the HAMB to see. Flame away!!

Carter likes this.
  12. I made the mistake about asking what ever happened to Kartfink and Ryan deleted the thread saying this ain't facebook,,,but this thread shows no sign of coming to a end. HRP

13. Dave50

Dave50

HES right!! It don't pertain to His website or Traditional Hot Rods!!

14. I never thought this thread would have so much energy. I even see some names here posting that were part of what inspired me to post this. Since I'm on double secret probation here I can no longer tell people what sucks about their cars, ideas, or intentions like I did in the past. LMFAO.

Max Gearhead, Special Ed and Dave50 like this.
  15. OK then you can kiss my rebel dick. Uh you asked for it. :rolleyes:

If you get to the point of bursting you can always PM me to bitch about what I have to say or my stuff. I probably won't die from it and unless you tread on holey ground (saying bad things about my mom even if they are true) I'll probably get over it. ;)

LOL I think it was last year or the year before I posted asking about a HAMBer from Nashville. It got deleted for the same reason he either died or owes me a couple of hundred bucks. Guess I'll never know. :eek:

Max Gearhead likes this.
  16. FNG guilty of my share of "ohs, and ahs" posts. I found this place within muscle car pursuits. Lurker dropping in to cure whatever mechanical issue I couldn't well figure out myself. Someone else's posts always righted my ship. I never pursued this forum initially, because I thought I was priced out of the market. Who could afford a traditional hot rod? Ten years later, here I am digesting the historical stuff, metal shaping ( because old metal can actually be beat back ... unlike my MC experience), and screw together hot rod stuff. I don't answer any tech. unless mechanical that actually applies to my experience.

I sympathize with life's travails and unfairness, but I don't open the threads ... that don't make sense here. Almost didn't open this one. Knew it wouldn't pertain to me. I love this place. Don't care if anyone likes me back. Having said that ... much respect to anyone that used to post here. I already know it was a bigger builder's forum, then maybe today ... to be specific. Less posts like this, and more hard core torch and shape stuff. When I'm lucky, I get to dig those up and read for myself. Hope the posters come back with my little "thank yous". I already know the talent there.

Logistics of websites are a huge pain in the ass. Just the fact this place exists is pretty damned amazing. All the content/server space ridiculousness/user interaction ... wow ... no Facebook monies to make all of this work. Dunno' what else to say, other then the head guy is pretty talented/lucky/smart/who knows?. How the heck it happens so well ?? Sure someone knows the pains of that. In any event, BIG THANKS to him, them, and all of you. That's it for this guy. FNG out.

Back to searching for the inspired. They're here.

luckythirteenagogo likes this.
  17. COOL! You and your cars suck! Oh shit, this ain't a PM? Uh boy. delete delete delete. LOL

18. Well I love you too. o_O:D

No one ever got deleted for saying what they think of me I doubt that you have anything to worry about. ;)

19. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I have missed Groucho too !!

20. pitman

pitman

^^^"The Boys are back in town, tow-own, tow-own..."

Groucho and povertyflats like this.
  21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Me either. neither can anyone else
    This. Seriously. for the last few months, I do 80% of my talking on here in the form of PMs to the guys that I want to communicate with. On forum, I just stick to light, politically-correct banter that wont offend anyone(too much). If I want to talk tech, period hot rods, or express an opinion, I do it by pm. Bet theres a few others doing the same thing.

22. Squablow

Squablow

Somebody's gotta still have a picture of the "I thought this was hot rods not gramer" belly tanker, or the guy who wanted Supremes photoshopped onto his car and got Diana Ross.

I remember when everybody flipped (including me) because Butt Reynolds repainted his '56 Chevy and I think that was the beginning of someone shitting out "its your car, do what YOU want" on every fucking opinion thread instead of giving tough love/good advice. Looking back though, we were kinda dicks to him, and he had some great posts, I miss him.

I joined when the HAMB had almost 6000 members, to read about Bluebear getting fired! Remember that shit? Now I'm getting dangerously close to the hipster attitude of "I was doing it before it was cool".

I think everybody remembers the past more fondly as years go by. "The older I get, the faster I was". Now I sound like an old fart.

Dooley and Max Gearhead like this.
  23. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I stumbled on this place when I was working on rebuilding an A Model front end, I needed to know how much clearance a kingpin bushing needed.
    I hung around and read a lot of tech and build threads, those were my favorite. I even joined the Alliance, cause I figured I got my moneys worth from the tech info, and , Hey if this cat cant make a few bucks off some of us, the place may disappear.
    I dont respond to the tech questions much, because most of the stuff I am positive I know is pretty simple and everybody else already knows it too. I hate the guessers and dont want to be labelled as one.
    Who the fuck was Germ?:D

24. LOL I went through a period about a year or two back where literally everything I posted got reported. So it got deleted. That little click moved on and not much was ever said about it. Guess I must have hurt someone's feelings at some point. It has been pointed out to me more then once in my life that I am socially awkward (and words to similar effect) I am just better suited for people who are able to ignore me I guess. :eek: :D

I think that is a big part of the HAMB is real people who are able to look past someone's BS and find the truth of what they are saying. I think that is why I like Aron so much, he never had a problem with my short comings, to him I have always just been the beaner. Damned shame we don't see so many of the plowboys and hotrodladycruisers anymore, good people no matter how you slice it.

falcongeorge likes this.
  25. THIS THREAD IS GAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

That was just for those of you who miss the old HAMB... ;)

26. Steve

Steve

none of us can.

falcongeorge likes this.
  27. prpmmp

prpmmp

OK!! 206 posts and I still hate all of You!! Pete

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Just blew coffee outta my nose!

29. Hey @Groucho off topic I know but what does Stugots mean?

Groucho likes this.
  30. Steve

Steve

hahahaha I wish I still had that in my archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.