Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Video: Syracuse Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spiker, Jul 20, 2015.

1. spiker

spiker

This has to be be one of the best shows in the country. It's got a huge area for traditional rods, one for pro's picks caliber cars, thousands of rods and customs, 100's and 100's of vendors, Arties party pin striping jam, plenty of food vendors, and now the Governor has announced a huge renovation to the Fairgrounds. Sorry for the length of the video, but there was so much to see.
    You can watch it in more than one sitting.

2. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Well done. Thx for sharing. The next best thing to being there.

3. spiker

spiker

Thanks

4. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Great video...Looks way roomier than Rienbeck or is that an early morning illusion?o_O..

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, what a monster event - you did good, Thanks. lots of amazing rides, and a lot of amazing "but, why?" now for the purists: oh no, he showed billet, OT rides, Street Rods & more - Ha!

6. spiker

spiker

You could fit 4 Rhinbeck's in the Syracuse Fairgrounds. By mid day you could barely find a parking spot on the grounds. I don't know how many cars were there, but it had to be over 8,000, maybe even 10,000. In past years they claimed over 75,000 spectators. Every year they make an announcement to stop all cruising the grounds because of the massive crowds, and they're not lying, it sure was crowded.

7. spiker

spiker

On a sad note. New York's big renovation plans for the Fairgrounds includes demolishing the race track. Years ago I drove 7 hours to see the famous AMA Syracuse Mile motorcycle race. One of the most famous flat track races in the country. Oh well, another race track gone.

8. jcs64

jcs64

yay, I made the cut at 56:35
    ;-)

what a lot of people don't realize, is tha spiker probably just walked 25 miles during that video, haha

later, jeff

9. excellent video Thank you! Jim

10. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Super video.......................Again!
    Thanks.

11. What no popcorn?:rolleyes: Great vid! Thanks:cool:

12. Król

Król

Great video! Was our first time attending, totally overwhelmed by number of cars and vendors. Thanks for showing some of the cars we missed seeing.

13. crazyblindjoe

crazyblindjoe

absolutely fantastic

14. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Didn't get to Syracuse but felt like I was there Thanks !!!

15. MRTS33

MRTS33

Thanks for sharing!

16. spiker

spiker

I think this show should be on everyone's list. You won't find a bigger variety of pre-1980 cars.

17. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

18. bobw

bobw

I believe I've watched all your videos. Thank you for providing them.

19. spiker

spiker

Thanks for all the positive comments. It makes it worthwhile.

20. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Great video Spiker, Seb Fontana I got curious about the size of Rhinebeck and Syracuse and found this information, Dutchess County fairgrounds 96 ac. NYS Fairgrounds 375 ac. Approx. attendance DC May swap meet and show 1000 cars saturday, 1000 cars Sunday (rods Sat. classic Sun.) all in old race track field. Syracuse Nats. 8000 cars for the weekend. When GG were at Rhinebeck 1400 cars on a good day. That equates to DC fairgrounds 14 cars/ acre. NYS fairgrounds 21 cars / acre. Vendor spaces for May show advertised at 1000 I don't have any idea how many Syracuse had but it was a lot. And GG vendor info is not available but it wasn't much. Trailer parking and camping at Syracuse seems to be infinite. It is a must see/attend show at least once.

Pat

21. I could not agree more 1934 Coupe I went to both Rhinebeck and Syracuse this year both really good shows the flea market at Rhinebeck is a lot better/ bigger but there is no comparison in the car show. Jim

22. spiker

spiker

I agree, that the flee market at Syracuse is the only weak spot. It still pretty good size but not as big as other events.

23. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Wow,Thanks for taking the time to video it and sharing! Watched the whole thing in one setting:)
    What did you Revi guys think about the fastback at about 1:07?
    Not really a Revierra guy myself but found that one very interesting.

24. 1934coupe

1934coupe

That was in the Gene Winfield display and I think that is a "Ford Torino" roof.

Pat

25. spiker

spiker

Those were the first words out of my mouth when I saw it, "Ford Torino roof".

26. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Great Job!
    First time in 12 years we didn't get to go!
    Always a good show!

27. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Thank you again Spiker. Very very good. Much appreciated. Can't wait for the next one. Bob........................

28. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

I'm an Old timer that no longer has the strength & stamina to endure big car shows. Especially since I don't seem to be able to leave until I've seen every last thing. Thanks so much for the GREAT armchair tour!!

29. spiker

spiker

I somewhat know how you feel. I'm pushing 66 years old and have a bad back, hip and two artificial knees. (I'm paying for 16 years of dirt bike racing). I hope I can keep doing this for awhile longer. I have to sit down and take more breaks as the years go by, and it takes me a few days to recover after a big show like Syracuse. I guess that's enough complaining for now. I still enjoy doing it and it makes it all worth while when I hear the positive comments.