Register now to get rid of these ads!

What gives? My posting dissapeared.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by thecheappolock, Jul 20, 2015.

1. I don't know what happened but I posted a question " Using a fake old carb for modern throttle body".
    I got 16 replies and all of a sudden the entire post is gone. It's not like I was asking about ricer or mini truck crap, but about vintage looking modern home made fuel injection.

?????

Dan

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry man... We don't cover EFI here...

3. But apparently a 700r4 trans qualifies as "vintage "!

What a bunch of crap!

4. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

gota say and speek like its 1965 -n- older
    my 2000 prizm engine WILL fit nicely in THE 1929...
    in side the hollowed out flathead.

5. 117harv

117harv

The 4 speed auto is a replacement for an old style trans, EFI is EFI, not mech, injection or a carburetor. In addition you were trying to fake the look of carbs with hidden FI? Many here showed restraint, faux stuff like that, as well as faux blowers, magnetos, rocket valve covers, QC rear end covers, etc. usually get ripped on asap by many members.

I don't think following the rules here is a "bunch of crap" as you put it.

6. OK, now I think I get it. And I have to admit I agree with you in regards to "fake" components. (What was I thinking!)
    When I got my posting bumped off I thought it was because I wanted use something more modern (i,e, efficient) than carbs. That was what prompted my "700R4" comment.
    My apologies.
    And when it's all said and done, it's about a 95% chance I'll be using the carbs.
    Dan

7. 117harv

117harv

8. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Nothing personal.....it's a editorial decision.