Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hydroboost

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CayoRV, Jul 18, 2015.

1. CayoRV

CayoRV

Does anyone have experience with GM Bendix hydroboost brake systems? I have one on my COE and it seems to have gradually developed a problem. It needs an excessive amount of pedal pressure to stop now. The pedal is firm which makes me not suspect the master cylinder of brake system. It feels like its just not boosted. I have run one recommended test, push the pedal 4/5 times, hold it down and then start the truck. The results would indicate that it is working but evidently not properly. Any insights would be great.

2. Power steering working correctly?

3. CayoRV

CayoRV

Yes, no problems with the power steering, just feels like no boost for the brakes. All four corners on the brakes are working so I don't think its a master cylinder issue.

4. CayoRV

CayoRV

Changed out the hydro boost with another I had (used but was known to be working) and I now have assist. Pedal feel is still pretty firm but she stops now without having to stand on it with both feet!

5. Sounds like you cured it.

6. Hi, I'm planning a hydroboost on my COE, do you have photos of your build?