Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Edsel Owner Here

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by WTFisanEdsel, Jun 17, 2015.

1. WTFisanEdsel

WTFisanEdsel

Hi there,

I wanted to say hi. I'm awaiting arrival of my newest car, a 1959 Edsel Corsair that is due to show up around the end of the month. It's not a traditional hot rod, but a restored stock example. I was hoping to find some other Edsel owners on here to network with as I know nothing about these cars. From my research, my car has a 361 (rebuilt 60 over per paperwork) with "Dual Power" 3 speed auto. If what I read is correct, the FE blocks have plenty of parts available if needed and the trans is a C6.

The car is awesome. I've wanted an Edsel for over a year. I've tried to ask questions on the Edsel Forums I've found online, but I wonder if most of those fellows died off? When I get the car, I'll post some pics.

How hard is it to upgrade the brakes. The pedal reads "power brakes" but when I drove the car, you need a road as long as a runway to stop. maybe I'm used to modern cars, but the brakes are horrid. I'm thinking discs and a dual master with booster.

The power steering leaks like a sieve, but I'll look into that when it arrives. Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope to meet some other Edsel fans that haven't died yet.

2. Welcome from Susan & Larry in the Mo.:)zarks We have a 58-9 Ranger located in a barn Nothing but hard parts most glass is bad