Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ran my '41 ford fordor at watkins glen racetrack

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fordor41, Jul 16, 2015.

1. fordor41

fordor41

Won a chance to take 3 laps around WGI. Was a lot of fun. They use a "pace" truck at 55 but we had it to about 80 in the straights. Track was as smooth as glass. Well worth it if you're in the area.

LOST ANGEL likes this.
  2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

3. I got the opportunity to drive my old 39 Ford convertible around Charlotte Motor Speedway (Lowes) a long time ago,I had a ball! HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. haychrishay

haychrishay

We want some video

5. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Had an army buddie that was a test driver for Ford after we got out(1973) We went up to visit and he took us around the Ford proving grounds track in a new van. VERY COOL!!! Thanks Ray!!!!!!!!!

6. fordor41

fordor41

My wife was video taping it but messed up and only got about 4-5 sec of it.

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

^ Dang the bad luck. I did the same thing recently at Road Atlanta. I got this image from a commercial / track photographer. You might ask around to see if there was one. Driving on tracks like these, even for a few laps, is sure a blast. While you feel like Parnelli, I'm sure the crowd is wondering why the heck you are so slow in your "hot" rod. The guy in the Corvair still hasn't sent me a copy of his video! Gary

MittyTrackTourCokerFriEve001aW2000.jpg

8. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

We live about 20 miles from the Glen and have been around the track a couple of times in OT cars. They are repaving the track after the Nascar Sprint Cup race in August, should be faster next year.

9. 41fordor

41fordor

Very cool! Maybe not on bias ply tires though haha

10. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Had mine down there couple of years back for the Historic weekend and Grand Prix Festival. Registered for the Concourse de Speciale. Did three laps with about 20 others on the "Old Course" . The train tracks must have been interesting at speed for the original runners back in the day.