Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guage Repair

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by walter, Jul 14, 2015.

1. walter

walter

I wanted to let everyone know about the GREAT service and quality of repair from Ron at Williamson Instrument in Chester Arkansas. I have used them several times to rebuild my gauges and speedometer but this last time beets all. I had purchased a nice original Tach and box for my roadster several years back. I installed it and realized that I had know clue as to how the transmitter worked or for that matter why it worked (maybe magic?) With this being said I called Ron to see about a wireing diagram and he was happy to explain that it took more than MAGIC. He offered his services to rework it to todays standards but not change the originality. I sent the unit to him on Monday morning and he called me on Tuesday shortly after lunch and it was ready to ship back to me. Know that is service!! Great Company!!
    Walter
    Wichita Ks.

2. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wonder if Ron can take new S/W wings gauges and make them like all S/W's used to be ? I would really like to talk to him. Hope he sees this plea.

3. walter

walter

Ron's phone number is 479 369 2551. Most of the time you will need to leave a message. Ron is very good at calling you back. Good Luck
    Walter

4. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you, Walter. I'll call him tomorrow.

5. MORRISGAUGE

MORRISGAUGE

The modern Stewart Warner gauges are configured differently than the vintage gauges, particularly the 6 volt electric. The Greenline reproduction is pretty good though.

6. Glad I found this!! I have a 36 Hudson. Terraplane cluster I was looking to have reworked. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1440555133.809247.jpg

7. walter

walter

Hope Rick can help.