Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs converting car sheet metal to truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loneranger39, Jul 16, 2015.

1. loneranger39

loneranger39

Has anyone tried to put the front cap from a 39 standard or deluxe car on the cab of a 37-39 or 40-46 Ford pick up truck?? Trying to make a pick up with a car front cap . Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....loneranger

2. Someone is building a ute now. I saw it the other day. It may have been a '41 though.

3. Budget36

Budget36

It would be more practical to put it on a 38 to 41 PU, since the frames are pretty much the same...the '42-47 Frames may cause issues with mounting,
    Someone on the Fordbarn put '36? car front end on a PU....don't recall who it was though

4. Drive'em

Drive'em

Can help you with the specifics, but I've seen it done with 34 front sheet metal and 46-48. Just don't remember where. Looked really cool!

5. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

It's been done a few times and has been on the. HAMB. Looks very nice....worth the effort in my opinion.

Ray

6. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

I've seen several over the years. They are usually good looking, but the owners were without exception skilled metalmen. It isn't nearly a bolt-on deal.

Hnstray likes this.
  7. Actually truth be know there is very little that we do that is bolt on or bolt together. Everything takes a little Jill flirting and some thought, even for those of us that have been doing it awhile.

I should try and find that thread that I just saw with the car sheet metal on the pickup. It looks really nice and it is boat fender stuff like say around '40 on something like maybe an F1 type of a truck.

8. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

9. Yeah,it's been done with some pretty nice results,although I saw one with 40 DeLuxe sheet metal and just didn't work. HRP

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Here's one, don't know whose it is 38 pu.jpg

volvobrynk and patterg2003 like this.
  11. rustynutz

rustynutz