Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 Ford coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Nov 5, 2007.

1. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

2. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

And starting this heap
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1434101490.342384.jpg

3. Elrod

Elrod

Here's my old heap! I've been looking for a few years and really happy I found this one. It was a hotrod from the LA Area around 1958. 3" chop from a long time ago! I'll be doing this one right and taking my time.

[​IMG]

Photo of how it looked in the 80s when it was found.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Looks like a good starting point to me! Will be a good project, keep us posted on your progress.

5. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

I bought this very rough Body from Luke (Iron Ford) on here. Best part was Luke was nice enough to drive 8 hrs round trip and meet me half way. It is very rough but with it and the rough one I got from Sam Barnes I think I will end up with a Nice car.

Attached Files:

6. George G

George G

Wow I can't even imagine starting on something like that. You are braver than me!

7. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Well here is the first one I bought. So far I have bought a sold more than a dozen 33-34 fords to make this project happen.

Attached Files:

8. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Cowtown Speed Shop - that is what this thread is all about, finding those old 33-34 Ford coupe bodies and bringing them back to life. You will have a very nice hot rod when it is all done, have fun with the project!

9. I hope I've not uploaded this pic before, but here it is. coupes.jpg

10. aarestor

aarestor

What I started with and where it's at today. Only has taken 16yrs, not that I am in a hurry.

Attached Files:

BLUECOLLARKUSTOMS likes this.
  11. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Very nice! Got my sub rails welded in the Titusville Fl coupe new floor this weekend got body back on starting patches

Attached Files:

kisam likes this.
  12. kisam

kisam

My beginning. Screenshot_2015-05-28-10-26-44-1-1.jpg DSC_0234.JPG

13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Nice work! Where did you get those subrails? I need a set so am looking for a source that still makes them.

14. aarestor

aarestor

Try R&J Enterprises, that is where I get them from.

15. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Thought I'd share cause this is too cool SAR has 10 sets of these for sale on ebay right now and I believe that's it. Well 9 sets now got a pair coming for me lol! 1750 a piece not bad!!

Attached Files:

16. So others don't have to look for it ;): Left side, right side.

17. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

while terms like "landed gentry" can be
    somewhat inflammatory.... c'mon dude you guys are obviously in a much higher income bracket than I am or....you started a long time ago when prices werent ridiculous who the heck can afford to have $5-6000 worth of rusted dented sheetmetal sitting around for 10-15 yrs unless youre a roller? The problem is when one guy forks out an over the top price he has to sell it to another guy willing to pay even more or lose equity and why do you hate glass cars? because they dilute the market just enough to lower the value of your hoard? lol ok ok the artistry of metalwork is undeniable just playing the devils advocate

This is the stuff I dream about I won't even allow myself a little pipe dream about opening a barn door and finding a '50's hot rod under a blanket of dust (because you have to have that wad) but i'll dream all day about a field car like this obviously an ex race car with the back window hacked out for visibility and a jerry can holder in the trunk! really cool why? because in my mind i can probably afford to start there but then again probably not......

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    verde742 likes this.
  18. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Looking @ the post above, I'll ask "Does anyone really ever have disposal income in order to achieve their dream?" I know that in order to get my 1st window, it was an adventure/learning experience all the way around which was pretty rough esp. in the late 80's.

It was easier getting my 2nd, but that was a very nice body all the way around and made my build much easier. My 3rd one is by far the worst one I've purchased and when I see it, I start adding up what I need to just to getting it looking right. That was bought 20 yrs. ago nearly still collecting parts for the build.

The 4th was bought the best way, as a complete 1940's funky lil Hot Rod. It has a 1949 CA. dated title card that shows it 1934 Cpe identity. It's faded,but readable. It needed a ton of work and I've enjoyed having it too for nearly 20 yrs. That sounds like a long time ago, but if feels like just last week ;). My 5th 3W was my biggest leap of faith. It isn't even a Ford branded vehicle, but is still a Hybrid-Ford,
    It's a Hupp W417. It's one of those cars that you either like or wonder why??? I'm from the like part and all Murray bodied 3W's are the cats meow to me.
    Keep in mind that all of the these were bought awhile ago and were way under what replacement body was going for through SAR, but I still had to figure out how to sell what I had to buy the other and most of that stuff outweighs what was bought. I now have a choice of my dream builds that I can go out and touch and make Vroom Vroom noises in ;).

All of the Hot Rods on this post have a ton of work in them, some will have soon-hopefully including mine. Keep the faith and goals will be achieved.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  19. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Theres a local guy with a '34 Huppmobile coupe thats really nice .....out on an adventure one day in a thicket of woods I came across the remains of a burned down house behind the shed was a '34 ford 1 ton but since under a tree near the ocean it had almost completely disintegrated (believe me i'd save anything but that was too far gone) ignoring the law I wandered around the property loaded with '60's -'70's cars with gaping rust holes like they'd been sitting in the ocean itself some '40s-50s trucks nothing too interesting until boom there it was standing out almost like rays of light surrounding it was a '34 hupp 4 dr sedan man it looked like it was flying just standing still with trees growing all around it literally the only metal strong enough to withstand the environment it was still basically intact it was just reaching the point where the last vestiges of paint were visible I immediately contacted the owner of the property who stated it was a memorial to her father and would never sell a single car or let one tree get cut I would have had to cut 10 just to get it near the road....sorry ss34 for the o/t reminiscing about a '34 lost to the elements forever

20. thequietwon

thequietwon

My family and I just brought home this little 5w...don't know when I'll find time to build it, but it's a really solid car and I am happy to have it...
    Sam

Attached Files:

thommoina33 likes this.
  21. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

22. Xman

Xman

Took this picture yesterday. The car is at a friends house getting the bondo and DP90 treatment.
    He is very slow and has passed several deadlines already, (very frustrating). Not sure what I'm going to do. I could bring it home and do the finish work myself but I just don't have his skills. I guess I'll have to resign myself to waiting till spring to have it on the road.

34 10-15.png

beebing, TOYBOX, verde742 and 4 others like this.
  23. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

What a find! What we all dream about, keep us posted on the progress of the project.

Nailhead A V8 - hey man, thanks for the comments, some interesting stuff. One of the things I have to deal with from time to time is a guy telling me that I am so lucky to have all this 34 Ford stuff - and it is generally a guy who wants a 34 coupe in the worst way. I have to remind them that I have been collecting 34 Ford coupes and parts for 27 years, my collection of "stuff" did not happen overnight. Took me five years to find my first coupe. So all I can say is have patience, network a lot with rodders who like 33-34 Fords, and keep looking. They are still out there, as a lot of the posts on this thread have proven.

24. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

Xman you'd never know what an amazing transformation.... cant wait for the finished results
    SS34 totally appreciate what your saying... yeah I kinda jumped to the defense of the guy who wanted to build the glass coupe who's to say someone shouldnt build a replica of a car they love if it gets them on the road sooner. I hope I didn't come across as one of the envious i've actually never set my sights on a '34 coupe I tend to build what comes my way or do some improvements and pass it on to someone more passionate about that particular car. I have passed up and passed on a good deal or two knowing that I wouldn't be able to do the car justice we are kind of like caretakers to these rolling pieces of history....that being said if a crumpled up coupe or pieces of a coupe turn up (in our area) please keep me in mind you're in the inner circle lol

25. KKrod

KKrod

Where are the tie downs? Cool old picture.

26. Does look a little risky doesn't it? Maybe just an ad photo.

27. Wow Sam!!! You lucky man. I'd love to find one that nice....I am looking. Tim

28. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Well snowed today not like the 3w hasn't seen snow before lol!!!

29. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Snow!

Attached Files: