Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lakes pictures. P.R.C.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by woodiemike, Sep 19, 2014.

1. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hello Bill;
    Want to thank you so much for your support, and comments through out this thread! Certainly would like to go on farther; but as the saying goes "all good things must come to an end". I get great reward just in the fact that so many have enjoyed this thread. I feel the same way about the video that you have, as I do about this thread. I know you will enjoy it for years to come. You are very welcome my friend. Hope we keep in touch.

Stogy likes this.
  2. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Dave...what can I say! Like I said before; you have some amazing info rolling around in that head of yours!! And you are so willing to share all that you know. I thank you very much for your comments, insight, and information that you have provided. Again, this is what makes the HAMB so amazing! Keep things rolling Dave!!!!!

Stogy and 296ardun like this.
  3. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow woodz! That is an awesome comment! That is exactly what I would hope this thread provided. Inspiration for present, and future cars to be built the way they were. Thank you so very much!!!!

Stogy likes this.
  4. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

volvobrynk...you have touched on an interesting point, in the fact that the thread was open for all to see, and comment. To me, this is what the HAMB community is all about. Everybody has the opportunity to throw in their "proverbial two cents". As I have said all along, I have learned so much from what people have had to say, and show. Truly awesome!! Thank you very much for the kind comment. As for the book....still considering.

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  5. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad you enjoyed Dave.

6. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So very welcome Gary!

Stogy likes this.
  7. oj

oj

Before you go Mike, please tell your mother that the picture of her sitting on top of the truck has a special place in my heart, it might be the best picture in the bunch - well, the one with your parents and aunt & uncle is tops too.
    The was something very special about the people back then, those 2 pics seem to catch what it was all about.

Stogy, volvobrynk and Babyearl like this.
  8. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Woodiemike : Appreciate you aknowledging my post...but I never have been mutch for neckwear ; more of a T-shirt guy myself! LOL My nickname "Bowie" was "hung" on me by my sisters due to being hooked on the Alamo TV show as a little kid. Have fun...Haul ass!

9. The 390 car is my grampas car that I am recreating. I meet mike at a Pasadena roadster picnic and he had more pictures then we did. Really helped me out great guy. Thank you mike. I need some help on a few parts if anyone out there could spare some.

Stogy likes this.
  10. Also had the number370 in 1947 then went to 390 in late 48 because of engine swap. Both numbers were in b class roadster.

Stogy likes this.
  11. image.jpg

Stogy, volvobrynk and Jimmy B like this.
  12. I have all my grampas timing tags car plaque trophy and a lot of pictures like I said I'm recreating this car. My grampa is 84-85 can't remember. He lives in diamond bar. Hoping to get the car done so we can ride in it together.

13. Timing tags

Attached Files:

Stogy, volvobrynk and Jimmy B like this.
  15. 1949 trophy

Attached Files:

16. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now that is one cool plaque!

Stogy likes this.
  17. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Mike, thanks so much!
    Cris

Stogy likes this.
  18. Maybe I'm a year to late on this thread huh?

Stogy likes this.
  19. The car in the starting line is my grampas car #370 in 1947 his name is Elmer omohundro of the Pasadena roaster club. It's a 32 ford not a chevy.

20. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

It might just have been a case of tired eyes. I just saw something that look like 4 "doors" in the hood and the sweep in the framehorns that made it look like a Chevy frame with parallel springs. But my bad, it clearly has a one spring ford setup in front.

Is the 4 door hoods an Chevy hood on a ford, a rip off made by ol' Henry.
    And in this case optical illusion?

Stogy likes this.
  21. . Here's a better picture
    image.jpg

22. Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  23. 2935ford

2935ford

Hey, Is that the Good Humor truck in the back ground! :)

goodh.jpg

Stogy likes this.
  24. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damnnn...where ya been Bruce? I sent you several emails months back to let you and your Grandfather know about the thread I had going. Must not have seen it:(. Anyway, glad you have found it. Better late than never. Hope you can show the thread to your Grandfather, as I'm sure he would appreciate it. How are you doing on the car? Post a picture if you would. Would love to see it. To bring everyone up to speed; if you go back to page 2 on the thread, Richard of the V8 Garage [and Pasadena Roadster Club member] describes the meeting I had with Bruce and his Grandfather Elmer Omohundro at the PRC Picnic. Bruce is cloning his Grandfathers car. Not only did I have several pictures of his Grandfathers car, but one is right in my Fathers driveway. And one of the programs that my Mom had written times in, was the exact time and date of one of his timing tags! I think it was a very exciting day for Elmer. Since I'm done with the albums, I'm going to post some pictures of the picnic, and of 'Elmer's boat" in my Dad's driveway. If nothing else, a lot of nice cars:D. The first picture is of myself on the left, Elmer in the middle, and Bruce on the right. As always hope all enjoy!!

IMG_0363.JPG IMG_0356.JPG IMG_0353.JPG IMG_0355.JPG IMG_0352.JPG IMG_0348.JPG IMG_0346.JPG IMG_0358.JPG IMG_0345.JPG IMG_0360.JPG IMG_0361.JPG IMG_1038.JPG

Nobey, kidcampbell71, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  25. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are very welcome Cris. Hope ya enjoyed the ride!!

Stogy likes this.
  26. Hello mike I've never been any good with email and computers but I'm learning. I was just acouple of days ago googling my grampas name to see if anything popped up and this thread did. So as I was reading it I was amazed at how everyone was in ahhh. So I had to redo my password I guess I made an account long ago. I'm so happy to see the world injoying what your dad and my grampa was doing in the late fortys. Still unbelievable the history and pictures you have and how we met. Big thanks to Richard at early v8 garage for setting us up to met one another.

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  27. Now as far as the recreation is coming along I finely found a frame and I'm picking it up in oct. I'm flying to Hershey pa. And a guy from Massachusetts is meeting me there with it. I'm gonna rent a truck and drive back hopefully finding parts all the way home. I have not got the body yet because I want to be able to put it straight on a rolling chassis when I pick it up. For everyone out there I'm buying a brookville Henry body's are just to expensive unless someone has one they would like to donate. Lol or sell me for the same price as a brookville.

Stogy likes this.
  28. I have motors transmissions rear ends my grampa ran a 46 merc at 248 cubic inches. I have the motor but somethings he had I can not find. He ran smith cam and Spaulding ignition. Edelbrock intake and heads. I have all 40 ford steering/ colum lineage and transmission just like he had he ungraded to that because he said it sucked with floor shift and 3 people in the car. I also found a hand pump to prime the 4 gallon tank under the dash that he had high octane gas in it. Flip a valve and hand pump it.

Stogy likes this.
  29. Of corse he had all the little goodies that now are worth millions of dollars to all these 32 hoarders out here in California like an auburn dash. The hardest part of recreating this car is knowing who has the parts but they will not help or sell them to me. Like I know a guy who has 6 frames. No body's but will not sell me even one. Because "ONE DAY" I will build them is what they all say. So I honestly got so tired of it I gave up for a couple of years. It is now more than ever to finish this car my grampa is 84/85 now and I would love to finish it so he can injoy it.

Stogy likes this.
  30. Sorry for the long replys. Here is a list of stuff I need if anyone on the hamb could sell me what they got. I'm looking for a Spaulding distributor for a 59 series block or a 49-52 style as I have a 49 merc motor too. An auburn dash insert/ gauge cluster. A seat and windshield. Gas and clutch pedal assembly. Front end parts/like perch pins shocks ect ect. 32 heavy axel/stock. Roadster top. Run it by me if you would like and we can talk numbers. I'm willing to spend the money for the right parts. Please original parts only as far as frame and body parts. Not looking for aftermarket stuff unless of course speed equipment. As I will only build this car the same way as it was in 1949. Thank you all and I will hopefully see you soon.

Stogy likes this.