Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Gauge service

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Koz, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Koz

Koz

I'm looking for a service to tidy a set of '39 gauges. I've done a search but there doesn't seem to be much posted. I'm sure there are some good guys out there at this. Just need to find one!

2. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

From experience APT Instruments Bloomington Minnesota 877 856 7103
    Peerless work.

3. Koz

Koz

New question..... What Ohm sender does a '39 gauge work on? Can I use this with the standard SW style sender? The '39 gauges use a volt meter. Is it possible to use this with the 12 volt system. The rest are just a straight "Runtz" conversion. I'd just throw a set of replacement gauges in here but these are just so nice....

4. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Koz: What brand car is your gauge cluster from? Ford, Chevy, Maxwell,Buick, etc.?
    The reason i ask is because there is helpful info. for FORD on www.fordbarn.com.

5. Koz

Koz

Ford stuff. Sorry I just took that info for granted. I'll check on the Ford Barn.

6. Shamus

Shamus
    from NC

Morris Gauges - he's on the H.A.M.B

7. MORRISGAUGE

MORRISGAUGE

The gauges are King Seeley and originally operated on the points style senders. Since you are converting to 12 volt, those senders can be replaced with modern style rheostatic sending units and voltage drop units. The voltmeter can be adapted to run on a 12 volt system also. The speedometer should be gone through regardless of cosmetic condition. In general, if they are of good cosmetic condition and have not been abused, they are a fairly easy set from a gauge restoration perspective.

8. cretin

cretin