Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 50 or 51 Dodge?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tswitzer, Jul 10, 2015.

1. tswitzer

tswitzer

51 dodge.jpg Ok I bought this as a 1951 and the guy tells me he has the title for it and says it is a 51. Problem is all pics of 51 I see have the different grille!! Which is it MOPAR guys? Any help?

2. And a panel,cool.

3. 35desoto

35desoto

Grilles can be changed - its t frame and body that will dictate its true age. Accidents can mean repair/replacement

4. Your panel could very well be original. During that era, Dodge did not seem to have any rules when it came to model changes or registration year relative to when built. Apparently they often kept the assembly line running until old parts were used up, which did not always correspond to registration year.

Guys on the Pilot House forum can likely given you detailed information.

73RR likes this.

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

Dodges were never ever used for traditional hotrods

6. ev88f

ev88f

^ Very helpful post :rolleyes:

Like what was said above, it very well could've been a truck that was put together when parts were left over. Or it could've been titled as a 51 when it sat on a dealer lot for a while

Hnstray likes this.
  7. What difference does it make??if you like it...buy it....and manyolcars nailed it in above post

8. truth! I had a 53 with a 52 grill from the factory, basically it was an unsold 52 that was retitled as new in 53.

9. 73RR

73RR

...really?? Too bad we didn't know about that 'rule' back in the 60's......geeesh......

Hnstray likes this.