Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHROME bumper scam at LARS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, Jul 13, 2012.

1. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

After all this time (this tread is almost 3 years old) and this chrome shop is still scamming you guys?? Blame the customers (not the seller) for falling for the scam over and over again.

INVISIBLEKID, wvenfield and da34guy like this.
  2. Knuckle bustin usually works better than the cops

wvenfield likes this.
  3. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:mad: The real ones to blame here are the swap meet organizers.Seems like they have been warned on many occasions about these folks.They need to be held responsible for at least part of the problem.UNLESS someone is getting a bit of grease in the pocket.Think that over before you start laying the blame on the customers.Course a short rope and a tall tree
    works well in this situation.Hehehehe.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

4. bobafet1

bobafet1

Yeah, a bunch of internet "bad asses" have been saying this for years yet no one has mentioned anything about karma finally "paying this guy a visit".

INVISIBLEKID likes this.
  5. hotrod1120

hotrod1120

Well guess what....This dude is still in business and scamming. I bought a pair of 50 Ford bumpers chromed from this asshole and he did ship them to me. they were nasty, peeling and bubbles. I returned them to him via delivery to a gas station off of Fullerton Road and the 60 Freeway. Met the guy, this time it was Alex driving a newer Dually. I had already giver him the cores. He said it was tough finding good bumper cores but he was working on it. That was 6 months ago. I keep calling and he continues the BS as late as yesterday. I am out $500 plus cores so far. I think that we need to set this guy up. I know its the same guy because its the same phone number. Of course crippling this guy wont get our cash back but it would be fun to watch. Going to the FBI would be great if I had any documentation, an address or any proof. Any suggestions.

6. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

The FBI would find state there was no clear evidence of intent so they would not press charges.
    Actually, law enforcement would tell you that this is a civil matter and take it up with the courts, I know this isn't what you want to hear.

T.L. likes this.
  7. hotrod1120

hotrod1120

I talked to this guy as recently as last week and got a message as recently as this morning. There has to be a way to get this guy. I know I could probably tell him I have another job for him as he thinks I haven't caught on yet and meet him at the same place in Fullerton. But, I'm 74. I need help.

8. joe clotfelter

joe clotfelter

I have had D and R Chrome do a lot of work for me nothing but good work and great service

9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Stumbled on to this thread, went to the last post, which is the one above quoted, read it and then a few in front of it. Wondered if the guys in question had come up with another name and that "D and R Chrome" was another alias for the scammers in the thread.
    So, I went back and read the ENTIRE THREAD, and nowhere in it do I see any reference to "D and R Chrome".
    So maybe you can tell me: How in the hell does your post contribute anything at all to the problem at hand?

lothiandon1940 and turboroadster like this.
  10. I took it as he was giving a suggestion on who to try rather than everyone continuing to give the bumper boys their money.

shawnsauto1 and Texas57 like this.
  11. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hate this "karma" suggestion whenever one of our own gets the high hard one. FUCK KARMA, it's a bullshit burn lotion, nothing more. Want something to "come around"? FIGHT. No, not phoney tough guy internet bravado, "...bust his head-knuckle sandwich..." bullshit. Fight the hard fight with paper and make it your mission to destroy the fuck's finances. Get a Great White Shark of a shyster and send them on the attack building a class action suit that could even result in criminal charges if there's enough to warrant such. Karma my fuckin ass...

12. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

USMC MOS 8541 , for years , this usually works , but I really don't think this is the answer , two wrongs don't make it right . Give the law , a chance to act on his ways . Then if nothing happens maybe consider other actions . I have done a lot I regretted doing for years , never getting a minutes sleep from that day forward , is punishment for my actions . It just isn't worth the reactions headed your way for acting in hast . The "company"paid me well for services , but after "employment" dealing with the results of the actions will never change . Just give the courts and law a chance . You will never get the bill paid it you do something in hast .

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. hotrod1120

hotrod1120

I will continue calling this prick 10 times a day until I get some action. I think he is trying but he is so far behind because he does not do the plating and I think he has various shops doing it for him. When the quality goes sour on the initial job he has to get them replated on his nickel and thats where the shit falls apart. I get it but don't really give a damn. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks guys!

14. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Bottom line it's a different world now because of people like this. You can't believe anybody anymore. Not even your hobby brothers. Expensive lesson for me but could be worse.
    Thanks for reposting.

Gary

15. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Class Action----Really??? those type of lawyers will not even respond to you unless there is Millions of dollars involved, even if you can get a CA suit judgement, the attorney makes the million and you get 16cents.

16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I love suing people as much as the next guy, believe me. It's my bread and butter. But the bigger issue is that even if you go to Court and win, you still need to be able to collect on the judgment. If this guy doesn't have assets that could be attached, you're trying to get blood from a stone. Unfortunately, current bankruptcy laws are very favorable and will often screw a debtor out of won judgment. It is what it is.

17. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Do some detective work and find him, phone numbers, his business, home, cars, trucks, storage places, friends, other names he uses, girl friends, gay bars?, where he goes then with that info you make a decision what you are going to do.

williebill likes this.
  18. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Then at that point the regular citizen should spend an afternoon in the law books and prosecute em. If it's so "legal" (read that as easy) to set up and fuck people why don't we all do it? Oh yeah, we're the good guys, nevermind. There's always a price to pay but only by stepped up awareness and action. I still say fuck karma.

bobss396 and belair like this.
  19. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I can't speak to what the law is in CA, but in NJ, it's only $35 to file a small claims suit for up to $3,000.00. And only marginally more, to file a case in Special Civil for up to $15,000.00. I'm sure the CA Courts have a website with a self-help center that will walk a lay person through to process. It's not rocket science, but it's not a walk in the park either. There is little risk in taking a scammer to Court, little to lose and much to gain.

20. Nice to have a professional to bounce ideas off of or give sound advice. Thanks Joe...

21. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Good ol Ca. small claims court
    Can postpone hearing couple times
    not a sitting judge, but a commisinor or lawyer doing public service
    unless "fault" is totally apparent, judgment is to both sides as being at fault
    even if you win, you have to take them back to court to collect settlment
    Claims (without proof) that moneys tight, offers $20 a month
    2 months later take him back to court because of none payments-- offers $10 a month

22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hello.....Is this the Guido Brothers!

23. slowmotion

slowmotion

As long as this bad bumper deal has been gong on (country wide, for several yrs), I can't believe 'somebody' hasn't caught up with this outfit by now. Credit where credit is due, these guys must be pretty slick. Sooner (I hope) or later though......

24. belair

belair

If there's a way to get post office involved, (mail fraud, etc.) they will fall on him like a ton of bricks.

25. shown50

shown50

Agreed. With the way CA small claims is set up USPS or a credit card company who has the means to follow up the case would be the best bet. In Tennessee it is only 50 to file in small claims court and from what I have seen from my friends who have had to do it, it is fairly straight forward but can be lengthy. Goodluck to the affected parties hopefully they can get it handled as painlessly as a court proceeding can be.

26. hotrod1120

hotrod1120

OK.....I got my bumpers back today, chromed. Here is how I did it. The standard BS from Juan continued for the past month and as usual the excuses were pretty good. He was to meet me in Vegas with the bumpers when he was doing a show at the Palace. Unfortunately before he got there his father was in a terrible auto accident and he was unable to meet me. Then the bumpers were complete through copper and polish but the anode used to chrome plate failed and he needed to get a good used one somewhere. And on and on. well, a few weeks ago I decided to ask for my money back plus core money if he could not deliver the bumpers. He acted surprised and said he would get back to me. No word for a few days. I decided I would call him at least once every few hours every day until I got my money or the bumpers. After a few days Juan called me and asked me to stop calling him and that he would get the bumpers. After a day of no word I resumed the calls well into the night every 2 hours. Yesterday at 9 pm Juan called and said to meet him the next morning and he would have my bumpers. I said a few choice words reminding him that if he did not show up I would call every hour instead of two and that I had his address and other information and that it would be posted on every car enthusiast site on the planet. He called me at 11 the next morning and I met him at Fullerton Rd. and Colima off the 60 freeway in Hacienda Heights and he delivered the bumpers. I strongly believe that the constant annoying phone calls even though they went mostly unanswered was the reason for the success story. Have someone call you every few hours for days on end knowing that if you don't satisfy the issue they will not stop and you will think strongly about it. Sure he could change his number but that would be bad for his ongoing business already in place especially a traveling business. The number is 626-941-4133. If you have issues with this guy call him until it's resolved. He can afford it. He is now driving a new loaded top of the line Dodge Dually. If he owes you call and keep calling. Good luck.