Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stash of cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rowycoracing, Mar 19, 2013.

1. is the late fifty's red chevy ramp truck for sale?

2. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

Not yet.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  3. JB_roadrage

JB_roadrage

Please don't sale them to a wrecking yard....

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

X

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Model T1 and volvobrynk like this.
  5. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

X

warbird1, volvobrynk and Model T1 like this.
  6. orphan auto

orphan auto

7. Budget36

Budget36

You need to get this guy going, seems with a trailer, you can bring back 3 at a time!

volvobrynk likes this.
  8. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

Well damn. One of the properties that some of the cars were parked on was visited by thieves/vandals since the last time we were here. They rolled several of the cars onto their roofs and used a gas powered abrasive saw to cut the suspension off. Other cars they cut the roof and hoods off. They rolled this old Chevy over and cut off the whole front clip, suspension, engine and transmission and then smashed the rest of the body and trim up. You can see the Merc in the background had all the windows smashed and it is trashed inside too. Same with almost all the rest of the cars at this one spot. They took the carbs and radiators off all the cars but 2. They also hauled off two 48/49 Ford F1 pick ups that were complete and pretty nice survivors. So the 14 cars that were on this place are scrap now.

9. Wow that's a shame ... Forking thieves

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

Well at least I have the titles to the two stolen trucks and the chev front clip. Theft report filed. Maybe we can catch the SOB's. I bet most of it went to the scrapper though, and then up their noses.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Thieves are the lowest form of life and should be dealt with accordingly.

12. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Man that Buick is sweet.

13. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

Was going to list a couple of cars for sale in the classifieds but I get a reply that says I am not authorized to post. I can't see what I need to do to fix that. Any help?

14. WTF ? !!! Seriously. Stuff like this makes me mad. Barring the loss, the next biggest complaint is the lack of response. How can one pass up a look and see via a law enforcement call ? Regardless if the neighbor is not the owning complainant .... surely had someone responded, these dudes would not have passed a clean background check. Dear gawd' man, I'm sorry for your loss. That just plain sucks. Hope you get some gratitude somewhere down the line ... with the theft report netting some guilty captives.

Model T1 likes this.
  15. Were you going to give me a price on the Buick before you list it elsewhere?

Hit me with a pm or email please.

16. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

Oh I thought you said that you opted for a convertible. Must have mis understood. Drove right by your town today, could have stopped. Yes you asked first so we should see if a deal is there before I move on. Also it is not a true convertible but maybe the Sun Valley is a potential fit? I am bringing it over in a few days.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    Model T1 likes this.
  17. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

One of the best parts of this adventure for me is giving this old iron its first bath in 30 or 40 years and getting to see what is under the grime. They all clean up real nice so far. Here is a before and a couple afters.

Model T1 likes this.
  18. Sorry for the misunderstanding .. my wife would rather see a convertible project =)

As far as the Sun Valley shoot me a price, but I'm sure its out of my project budget, heck the Buick may be as well. I live less than a mile off HWY 2 from the last stoplight going east.

Thanks

19. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

"He said the thieves were at it for three days straight all day long each day in broad daylight but given his condition he couldn't confront them. So he says that he called the sheriff each day all three days but no one showed up until a couple of weeks later. Then a deputy showed up and told him old cars like those aren't worth anything anyway."

I'd be aiming to hang Barney Fife and Co.'s ass over this. Your property taxes pay their wages. I'd be filing a complaint with the County, State Police or wherever you have to go to be heard.

"Theft report filed. Maybe we can catch the SOB's. I bet most of it went to the scrapper though, and then up their noses."

I'd be following up daily with the Sheriff to see if they're working the theft report via an investigation. It should be them, not you, talking to the local scrap yards. Shouldn't be hard to find you're 1950's era radiators stacked on the top of the radiator pile or the hoods and roofs, etc cut from the cars.
    What's really low is that they vandalized what they didn't take (busted glass, etc).

20. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

They did tell me today that they have a possible lead on one of the missing F1 trucks. I hope they catch the guys and throw the book at them.

21. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

Does anyone recognize this one?

Model T1 likes this.
  22. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

That's a '57 Mercury.

23. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

24. 57s had single headlights...that's a 58 with the dual lights.

25. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

Hmmm OK. I found titles for both a '57 and a '58. Must be the '57 that's missing then.

26. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

Both years had quad headlights available. According to these ads, the bumper/grille peg that car as a '57.

Attached Files:

27. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Wow, that must be awesome to dig through all that stuff and move those cars that have been there all those years! Alot of work but thanks for doing it and getting them back out into the world!

Model T1 likes this.
  28. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

X

29. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Nice! That 55 looks like it's in really good shape. You must have a big yard to be keeping all those cars you're pulling out in!

30. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

X

Model T1 likes this.