Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Bagging a Shoebox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Custompainter99, May 7, 2015.

1. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

Looking to air bag the front of my shoebox with a stock front end. What cups/ bag mounts do i use? i've seen some use a ford ranger bag cups, some S-10's....any suggestions?

2. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

sooo. no one baggs their shoebox fords?

3. trailerpark

trailerpark

Guess not, sorry. I have put bags in the trunk, but they were filled with food. Good luck

4. How about bagging on a shoe box.

Ok that gets you back up on top. ;)

5. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

ONLY BAGS I HAVE ARE FULL OF BEER & CIGS

6. Bags are for groceries.......

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

only know of kits for bagging rear - Gambino Kustoms

8. earthbound

earthbound

What year shoe box? I made custom cups for my 55 ranch wagon. PM me if you have any questions

9. Custompainter99

Custompainter99
    from San Jose

its a 1950

10. earthbound

earthbound

Unfortunately your front end is different than mine. Sorry wish I could help you out.

11. gearheadwelder

gearheadwelder
    from CT.

You'll need to search deeper here on the HAMB, I've looked over lots of in-depth posts on different ways to bag the stock front end. It's not always the best platform to start with depending on what it is you want for drop. If you want to lay frame, Gambino rear kit is tops in my book, as for the front, camaro clip or new stub clip like Fatmans.

12. 303 D

303 D

I installed the ride tech cool ride set up trimmed the top cup an inch and a half grinded out the spring pocket to clear the bag and welded eighth inch plate to the lower and mounted the bag to that took a couple hours and set the car about three inches from the ground but I still don t have the dropped uprights.

13. ACO.OG

ACO.OG

^^^ what he said.

You can make your own cups. They make "cup kits" but some 4" round pipe/tube and some bag plates would probably be cheaper.

Not sure how shoebox front suspension is set up but you can try stepping your lower arms to avoid buying drop spindles if you're on a budget.

14. Well it's not a shoebox but i'm bagging my plymouth and for the front i ordered this.

Just cut it to the length you need and weld on the plate. Try searching on here too there's gotta be a bunch of threads on it.