Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. IMG_0003 (Copy).jpg
    Enloe sold me the March 1963 Popular Hot Rodding mag at Knoxville - made all the difference

EVL401, Mtn Goat, volvobrynk and 3 others like this.
  2. CGkidd

CGkidd

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Glad I could help:)

Dog_Patch likes this.
  4. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

5. Lookin' good man! Headed in the right direction.

Tudor and Dog_Patch like this.
  6. 6.73 is great Tony. You'll be winning in no time.

Dog_Patch likes this.
  7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

When we were @ SIM last year, they didn't even time the SEG cars, old style with flag and finish line judge. Do they now use Xmas tree and clocks at all tracks or just some of them?

8. No times are shown. Some tracks use a tree and they will give you a time slip after the run so you can tune your car, but the crowd doesn't know what you ran. The flag starts don't have time slips.

I got plenty of coaching from Tommy on my times. He was all :eek: what the hell ? 7 MPH between Knoxville and here ?! o_O So I'm like the car is 100 lbs lighter :) - He's like - not 7 MPH lighter what did you do ? Hmmmm I'm thinking - I closed up the trunk. How bout that? Also connected all 8 plug wires this time maybe :rolleyes: ? I should have taped that whole conversation. It was damn funny.

30dodgeboy, GAOldsman and allwilly like this.
  9. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

What was going on in Bowling Green yesterday?

10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

People leaving the Hot Rod Reunion. I have started posting pics on the thread that is linked in my signature

11. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

Just reread all the posts
    One of the best threads on the hamb . top job Tony

Dog_Patch likes this.
  12. I really enjoy following every SEG build thread posted. I attend all your races, hang around, ask questions and take pictures. Trying to stay out of the way while collecting all the information I can. Been bugging Quain with questions and ideas and will be building one for next season. Plans are under way and I will start my own build thread when I begin---when I have something to show besides talk. I hope to fit in.
    Glad to see a MOPAR out there!
    Thanks to everyone and keep posting.
    Robert

9sectruck, loudbang and Tyresmoke like this.
  13. Tyresmoke

Tyresmoke
    from Norfork

Any news Tony ?

14. flamin-408

flamin-408

Tony are you going to Paradise this Saturday for the Show And Go. I'm thinking about going with my Hoopty Wagon. Thought if you was going we could line them up for a show how the SEG race.

sonic03bluegt likes this.
  15. Wow fell off my own thread notification :confused: nothing too much new going on - got company in town for a week and then Meltdown Bound. Jimmy I hate it but I can't go to Paradise on Saturday due to the family stuff. Sure wish I could, it would be a good place to test and tune before MD. Have fun! A bunch of the SFCC guys are going.

allwilly likes this.
  16. Trying this Instagram thing - you can get an Instagram button on the "More Options" menu.

17. Got the pit jacket ready - too hot to wear it though.

[​IMG]

18. Nice Jacket Tony! I like it.

Tyresmoke likes this.
  19. But...it'd be so cool, the heat wouldn't matter!

volvobrynk and tylercrawford like this.
  20. Yeah man, just hashtag your instygram photos with #hamb and they're in your profile to be used here. Good stuff, I'm tellin' ya. Quick n Dirty will be nationwide 'fore ya know it!

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Thought this thread had dropped outta notifications again, but seems like nobody's been posting for a week!

22. Tony are you going to the Meltdown?

23. Yeah man! Got my painter finishing up the letters and and we are ready to rock!

GAOldsman likes this.
  24. Russ is dangerous with that brush :cool: Go man go! Lookin good brother :cool:

25. Russ missed his calling. Rockin' the Bear Bryant tribute hat too.

GAOldsman likes this.
  26. sonic03bluegt

sonic03bluegt
    from sc

When are you leaving to go up Tony? Planning on leaving in the morning, route looks like its changed a little but we will still probably been on the same path about halfway up. Shoot me a call or text if you wanna 864 457 6229

27. Shot you a TXT - need to study the map a little now that it time to roll :)

So on a bitter sweet note - my engine builder Johnny was robbed on Saturday night - thieves broke in and stole 6 built race engines and Russ' ported 392 heads, my 392 roller cam - which sucks because blanks are non existent right now. They didn't steal my block which was ready for pickup. So its with some sadness that I can post this.

I feel really bad for Johnny - no insurance on the engines.:(

[​IMG]

28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

MAN THAT SUCKS:(