Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 327 Chevy headers question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big hugh ness, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Hi guys. Does anyone know whether the exhaust pattern changed in the 327 over the years?
    Thing is, I want to get rid of my old cast iron headers and buy some sexy headers. Saw some on eBay but they were listed for 88-97.
    Does anyone know whether there is a difference?
    Thanks gents
    Peter

2. Mine is a '67. should mention that.

3. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

The year difference is most likely due to the vehicle design changes. I don't think the heads changed.

big hugh ness likes this.
  4. ace5043

ace5043
    from Florida

For what its worth, I've had a few different headers on my 327 before I finally settled on the ram horns from Speedway Motors. I don't believe there was any change and never had an issue from header to header from stock exhaust

5. ratrod72

ratrod72

The newer small blocks that were from the early 90s up that were LT 1 had a D shaped exhaust port and required a specific manifold or header... The old style will bolt on but blocks about 20% of the exhaust port...

6. aaggie

aaggie

The LT-1 heads were "D" or inversion port and require matching headers. Some angle plug heads require different headers. The bolt pattern is the same for all years.

7. Thanks guys. Just what I wanted to hear. Made my day. In fact, the HAMB always makes my day. Cheers!