Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Dumb Question - Where does the moisture go in an HVLP turbine???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PaRatRod, Jul 5, 2015.

1. PaRatRod

PaRatRod

Ok- I am finally getting close to putting my project into primer. I asked about HVLP turbines on here previously and got a positive response. Everything I read about them says the air gets heated as it goes through the turbine and dries it. My question is- Where does the moisture go? Does it get collected and have to be drained? Is it just atomized and mixed with the paint (This can't be good)? Does it just evaporate? Something else? I am just about ready to pull the trigger on one of the 5 stage units and just want to be more informed. Thanks!!!

Jim

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  2. I used one a few years ago and remember that the air was pretty warm, maybe that evaporates the moisture out.

3. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I am not a scientist,but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I think when air get warm(hot) the moisture is absorbed in the hot air. If you cool that same air the moisture will fall out of suspension and be seperate again. Kind of like how air conditioning works ,

4. PaRatRod

PaRatRod

That was my thought- and the hot air is going down the air hose into the gun- and when it cools what happens? Just trying to figure where the moisture goes. Seems to me in the paint. Like I said, dumb question.