Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My new 33-34 3-window adventure! Would love to know any history of this old hotrod!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Elrod, Jun 12, 2015.

1. cool.....flathead powered ?

skitzo13 likes this.
  2. Subscribed!

I love the way you build! :D

3. Pete

Pete

Sibs,

Thats outright insane that you managed to turn a sedan quarter into a coupe quarter!.......I told myself that I was done messing with metal meche'.......but for some reason im drawn to it, like a fly on shit.
    Im prety sure in my next life ill be a dung beetle, pushing rhino shit around....

4. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I like this, I have no leads. But I can offer some inspiration
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1435354178.428202.jpg
    I ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1435354224.763824.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1435354334.308864.jpg

RockinRivi, Texas Webb and Elrod like this.
  5. rockfish

rockfish

Great looking body. Can't beat a '33 3 window in my humble opinion. I'm biased, but why not search out a '33 grille and hood? I've always felt the '33 grille has better lines and is cleaner since it doesn't have the trim band. Sounds like I'm splitting hairs. You've got a 3 window Model 40 so you can't go wrong. Congratulations. Let's hear some build plans.

6. she is beautiful and the car is nice too

JimSibley, RockinRivi and volvobrynk like this.
  7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Half way there with a good solid body. Subscribed.

8. Wow, great find.

9. Elrod

Elrod

Thanks everyone. Wow. Those are some great inspirational photos volvobrynk!

10. jammer

jammer

Great find ,keep the pics coming . Waiting to see your vision in mock up

11. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Wow, great find Jason. Damn man I can't wait to see what you're going to do. I know it'll be flathead powered ;)
    I'm subscribing

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You son of a bitch!!!!!

I wish to hell I could unlike a thread out of jealous and contempt.

13. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I'm just happy it went to a good home! I really didn't have time to dig up more history on the car, so it's great that you've found out more about it and have more stories, Jason! It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife, and I hope to see you again someday! Now get back out in the garage!

RockinRivi and hotcoupe like this.
  14. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

this thing is SO RAD!!!

15. Love 33/34 three window coupes. Here is a picture of a 34 at the Silver City show I just really went for. Yes louver the trunk.:cool: SILVERCITY2015 053.JPG
    SILVERCITY2015 054.JPG

Elrod, volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  16. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Awesome!

Elrod likes this.
  17. bonesy

bonesy

Heck yea!

Elrod likes this.
  18. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Wow, I'm jealous, you have a fabulous rod to build and your wife appears to dig hot rods and is quite nice to look at, too!

RockinRivi, Elrod and volvobrynk like this.
  19. Lucky!!!!, I wanted to try and find a Ford, ended up with this Chevy. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1436127129.343271.jpg
    I'll be watching

20. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

So will I, also looking out for the bowtie! Any links to the build thread?

21. Not to steal this thread, but I have this stashed in my shop for retirement. No thread yet but I'll start one when I start. Caddy 365, t5 tranny, 32 frame, salt flat chop ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1436233237.634793.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1436233292.318620.jpg

22. Great score will be watching for sure.

23. Elrod

Elrod

Just a quick little update. I'm in the hunting and gathering phase right now pulling together some parts. I did receive another photo from the previous owner of how the car looked when he got it back in the mid 80s.

[​IMG]

I'm going to be going high boy with my build, but I kind of dig how the old girl used to look.

Last weekend I was looking through the parts that came with the car and I found an address written on the wooden header above the driver's seat. Was this possibly the owner's old address, or better yet, did the guy that had this car meet a cute girl after school and got that prized phone number or home address? It's "1280 Perris Hill Rd"
    The only Perris Hill Rd I could find in my search was in San Bernardino. This would make sense why there were 1958 LA Times papers stuffed down in the doors. However, the street number doesn't match up with the houses that are there now.

[​IMG]

I reached out to the San Bernardino Historical Society and they said that they believe they changed the way the streets were numbered in the mid 60s to match the county numbering rather than the city numbering, and that it would put that address close to the end of the Southern end of Perris Hill Rd. Just a little interesting tid-bit that will stay with the car.

I've tracked down a roof opening for the car to unfill the top that was done poorly in the last 10 years or so.

[​IMG]

And I've just picked up a very nice original 34 shell. I'm really happy with this one as it's almost perfect except for a few little dents from the horns that I think I'll be able to massage out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all the updates for now...

24. Well. Don't know if this will help ... but I have a 1964 Shell San Bernadino Riverside California map to donate for your future glove box. Came in a '65 Goat' that I have. I visit the carcass monthly. I'll grab it for ya' shortly.

Elrod likes this.
  25. 2935ford

2935ford

Now, now Ryan.....green is not your color! :)

26. When you start out this nice you cant help but finish with a winner. Can't wait to see the progress as well as the finished car.

Elrod likes this.
  27. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

What a cool project. I dig the channel and the quad headlights it had in it's previous life.

Elrod and brad2v like this.
  28. The37Kid

The37Kid

What a great find, story, and parts find updates. This has the makings for a very nice build, look forward to following it. Bob

Elrod likes this.
  29. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Great story and a very clean body to start with. Nice score!

30. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Some very nice parts you are collecting for this rebuild. A complete roof channel for a coupe is a rare piece.