Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Iola 2015 who's going

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr cheater, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Who's going? I'll be there for my 35th year, and third year vending spaces j 54&55 stop by and say hi

2. It's like a bad wreck, I gotta look. I'll be there Thursday and Saturday, Friday I have other plans.

3. cs39ford

cs39ford

I will be there vending R34 35 space. Been selling there since the late 70s

4. finn

finn

I see there is no Sunday this year. Good call, as the place was dead on Sunday. Seems that they are begging vendors to stay Saturday now.

I'll be there Thursday & Friday. Probably end up having to stay in Wausau again, as, per usual, I failed to make hotel reservations.

5. i will be there looking for good deals on Thursday and Friday

6. poopeye

poopeye

Mr Cheater, I will stop and say hi, but it must involve a luke warm Pabst. By the way, is that Coke cooler for sale?????

7. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1436049593.118564.jpg got all my swap meet stuff loaded up and ready to go

8. A Boner

A Boner

I hear the T bucket nationals in Green Bay is planning a cruise to Iola sometime on Friday. T bucket Alliance website might have an update on this.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  9. I will be there camping I66-I67. looking for deals beers and stories.

10. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

Not been good for me

So I will pass

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. It's still fun to be around that many car people.

12. I'm heading down for Thursday. Never been there, so more of a look-see. I didn't book a room, plan of staying overnight Wednesday, within an hour, then heading back north after I'm done on Thursday. Is parking close by? Any suggestions, hints?

13. cs39ford

cs39ford

Go by the back gate there are some parking in yards across from show and some do overnight camping

14. I parked outside gate 7?, about 100 yards away, $5, and wore my legs out while inside. Pretty much everything there. Great day, great weather, great road trip.

15. A Boner

A Boner

A bunch of T buckets made it to Iola from Green Bay.....probably 40-50....here is a pic of some of the first group, that arrived later in the morning.
    image.jpg

16. finn

finn

More flathead and other early Ford parts then I've seen in years.

Lots of empty spaces by gate 8 on Thursday. More vendors Friday.

17. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Just got back from the show sold most of the items in my swap space on Friday . Went up today to look around and got a few things that I needed all in all it was a good time

18. I was there on Thursday and again today (Saturday) Thursday was great for me, found a lot of things I've been looking for for years at good prices. Today just the opposite, picked up a couple of small things but basically a waste of time. I don't know if it was my attitude or the area of the swap meet, or if all the good stuff was sold. The area around gate 8 was a ghost town today.

19. me and a friend were there Wednesday , Thursday , Friday...left in the afternoon on Friday. he got a few `34 parts and some `36 sheetmetal at good prices, i bought a couple items i needed for my current project `30 ford coupe

i'm glad we went , it was 10 years since i had been there , but i don't see myself being there again anytime soon. there were many empty swap spaces and a lot of spaces were filled with flee market stuff...lawnmowers , snowblowers , other crap ,etc with a few old Ford parts sprinkled in. and lots of cheap tool venders. sorta like what all swap meets seam to be becoming

i'm convinced that if you are seriously looking for something you better be there Wednesday afternoon and Thursday

on the plus side i did get to see some guys i haven't seen for a while and their famous chicken dinner was great

20. i got sick
    worst year for me in 29 years
    we left friday at 2
    sold a lot thought
    tk