Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Where to Sell?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zettle Bros., Jun 30, 2015.

1. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I also feel the '27 is a fair price. I guess too a lot out there it isn't. By all means not even getting close too what I have in it, but that's not what the "hobby" is about. If I were into that I'd be going after the collector cars.

2. inkstain27

inkstain27

HAMB classifieds, Last 3 cars I sold all the buyers from the hamb. Last one I sold I put it up on Hamb and a couple different craigslist locations. Only calls I got from craigslist were people wanting to "help" me sell my car for a fee. plus if you sell it on the Hamb better chance of finding it a good home, which might not be important to some but is to me.

3. LOL if you would buy or trade me out of my jeep there would be two less cars in the class ads. :D

Used to be that the HAMB was a good place to sell, I am thinking not so much as before. Doesn't keep me from posting ads though. If it is for sale and I think it is something I am not ashamed to sell I like to give the fellas a shot at it.

4. fms427

fms427

I generally use EBay for a car that has limited appeal- it gives you a much wider circulation of people that may be interested. I have sold many cars successfully on EBay - usually using " buy it now or best offer " .

On a car that has more widespread appeal - a local craigslist ad works well - although I must admit the frequency of killings tied to craigslist is alarming me......

I have tried, but rarely use anymore, so called " marque " venues, like Corvette Forums, etc. ( and yes, I would put HAMB classifieds in this bag ) - as the potential buyers tend to be looking for the killer deal.

A sign in the car at a show can work also - why not ??

But as previously stated - realistic pricing is probably the best strategy - the market does not care what you have in a car . The market will tell you what it is worth- do your research. And selling a car as a project is always a bad strategy - a " finished " car will always bring a much better price. And paint matters...

Hnstray likes this.
  5. roundvalley

roundvalley

I buy and sell mostly on the HAMB but do post on Idaho Craigslist. Advertised a truck a month ago on Craigslist and got a message from a person in Florida and thought it was a scammer and almost did not answer. Called him anyway and found out he was a legit buyer who wired the money the next day and sent a shipper in two days. You never know.

6. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

eBay is NOT the place to sell a car. My '32 sold twice on eBay. The first guy shows up (looks like he's all jacked up on Meth and is running around my garage), says he doesn't want to drive it, and that he wants to pass on the deal. Ok, let's relist it. The second bidder wins, I contact him. His reply, "oh, I'm not interested in the car, I just thought it was fun to bid on." Are you FUCKING serious?

How did I sell it? The HAMB. Enough said.

As far as shows go, NSRA Kalamazoo used to be the place to move cars. My dad and I never came home with a car we took to Kalamazoo.

7. Timing is everything! Finding the right person at the right time. Keep trying every avenue you can and be honest.

Hnstray likes this.
  8. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

To date: Tried E-bay a few years back. Got a bunch of calls wondering what the reserve was and how wrong my car was. Never did meet the reserve. Had it on the HAMB for what seems like 6 years now. I'm not asking what I have in it, I know that's not going to happen. Then again, I'm not going to give the car away either.

9. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Porknbeaner if I was into Jeeps yours looks like a good one to own.