Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1948 oldsmobile series 66

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by charliechaindrive, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Please DON'T drive on the roads until you go over the car a LOT more thoroughly. Too many things can go wrong.

Leather gasket will blow out in a few minutes. Cork gasket might work to get it running but it too will burn out in a few.

If the original manifold to block gasket is not damaged you may be able to reuse it if you soak it in hot water and put it back exactly the way it was.

2. charliechaindrive

charliechaindrive
    from staples mn

Well we never made it to town but I'm glad to say the heater blower motor works and so does the starter motor! But I think the mechanism that moves the starter gear onto the flywheel ring gear isn't working. I think the push button to start might be shot because the starter works when we jump the terminals but not when you hit the button. So we're planning on wiring in a new button for the starter and then trying again. And also we're going to get some legitimate exhaust and intake gasket material from Napa and just make all new gaskets.

3. charliechaindrive

charliechaindrive
    from staples mn

Tiny update. An odd big block GM decided to show up courtessy of one of rays uncles, a 472ci cadillac backed with a th400. For free!!!! Who needs a 350 when you have that many cubes. Its missing the carb and the distributor, which in what reading we've done isnt really a bad thing. Would a 750cfm holley be enough for the big cad?

4. I would think so. I got a 750 Holley on my 425 Olds, and it is over-carbed.

5. ratt7

ratt7

Really nice find !

6. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

anyone have or know where I could get a trunk lid for a 46-47 olds 76 or 78 ? (not ebay).