Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lakes pictures. P.R.C.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by woodiemike, Sep 19, 2014.

1. KKrod

KKrod

2. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK Boy's and Girl's; we all knew this day would come sooner or later. Sad too say, but this will be my last post regarding the albums. I have no more to post. I have given all that I have. And believe me....I have loved every minute! When I started on this venture back in September 2014, I literally had no idea where it was going to go. But one thing for sure; after 600 replies and 54,500 views, it has certainly went somewhere!! I can't thank all of you enough for this. It seem's almost surreal in the fact that the thread has taken on a "life of it's own". On my end going into this venture, it was my goal to share the History and first hand "view" of what was going on the the early day's of the Hot Rod scene. And to give anyone inspiration, visual knowledge, or just a spark to get the project going. On the other end, I have had the pleasure of seeing what joy so many of you have had seeing all this History. That in itself has been so rewarding to me! It is now very apparent to me what this History my parents have left to me and my family; has meant to so many of you. I am very happy and proud to share what I have. I feel honored that so many of you have been able to share this "window in time" with me. Again I have to thank the HAMB for having the platform to make all this possible. In my "opinion", the HAMB has done more for the Hot Rod community than any publication could ever hope for. I mean, where else are you able to get all this knowledge, experience, and expertise, given out freely by members for all to benefit from!!? That's priceless as far as I'm concerned.! And speaking of members, I am so grateful to so many of you for your comment's, input, and posts. I thank you so very much!! I have learned so much from all of you. Your comment's have been invaluable. As I have said before; all of you have made this thread [and the HAMB] what it is. All of you, the members, deserve the KUDOS!!!! I know there are a lot of great pictures here, but I want to end with a tribute to my Mother, Father, and my Aunt and Uncle. Obviously with out them, we would not have all this History to enjoy. The first picture is of the four of them. Left to right my Dad [Wilmer], my Mother [Annamae], my Aunt Dorothy, and my Uncle Don. The next is of my Dad, and the next is my Mother on top of the tow truck. I have to thank my Mother for doing the albums!! The next is of my Aunt Dorothy, and Uncle Don. I want to wish all of you the very best, and happy Hot Rodding!! And the last picture "sums" it all up!!!! Check the back of the car!!!! scan0049.jpg scan0003.jpg scan0016.jpg scan0051.jpg scan0001.jpg

Mike McNatt

3. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

Mike! Loved every minute of this thread! I hope people keep it going somehow, this site is great for the fact it attracts such generous people like yourself willing to share such personal accounts of hot rod history! And the pictures show that not everyone was in a flashy race team, but normal kids hell bent on speed from all kinds of life. Thanks Johnny

Stogy and volvobrynk like this.
  4. oj

oj

Thank you for providing and hosting this thread. These pictures and the way they have been brought to life has been very special and powerful. Thanks again.

Stogy, lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  5. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

I picture most of the hamb community if not all giving you a standing ovation for what you have done for this community

Stogy, bct, lothiandon1940 and 3 others like this.
  6. This has been one of the most inspirational threads on the HAMB. Thank you for sharing all the photos and for everyone else who also contributed. Myself being a teenager, I feel a connection with the guys in the pictures regardless of the 60 year age difference.

Stogy, volvobrynk and Finn Jensen like this.
  7. Kiwifruit

Kiwifruit

Thanks Mike, best HAMB thread ever!

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. 562roadster

562roadster

By far the best thread on the hamb. Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

Stogy and 296ardun like this.
  9. thanks for taking the time and effort to post all the great photos & background info. sorry to see it end.

Stogy likes this.
  10. KKrod

KKrod

Thanks Mike for posting your family photos and stories. It tells a history of hard work and fun. 54k plus views is a real accomplishment.
    Karl

11. firingorder1

firingorder1

We all knew this day would come but hoped you would stumble across another album. Its like a death in the family. Worse really. The sad part is this is by far the best thread ever put up here and the management haven't the brains to make it a sticky. It will now fade off into the sunset. I owe you a debt for the videos. Once again thanks. And all those here owe you a debt for this thread. Take care Mike.

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Thank you for taking the time to write the story's and post the photos, best thread ever!

Stogy likes this.
  13. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have enjoyed every minute spent, looking at your great contributions. Thank you very mutch, for sharing your pages from history.

Stogy, lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  14. I also want to thank you for all your time and work to bring this great information and photos to us all. This has been the best of the best on the HAMB. I hope it keeps going......

Stogy likes this.
  15. 296ardun

296ardun

Having grown up in Pasadena during this time (though I was only a child then), I remember dimly much of this...can echo what others have said...the best thread on the HAMB...at least we can keep bumping it to keep it alive for more to discover...because these photos and stories are the real core of why most of us are here.....SO THANKS SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO POST ALL THIS HISTORY, MIKE!

16. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Wonderful, been keeping up with this thread, which in my opinion has been the best. Thank you, I think the HAMB needs a swift kick in the ass every once in a while when folks start losing their way or don't know what the HAMB is all about. Big thank you.

17. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mike,
    Thanks for taking the time to post all of these fantastic photos and opening up your family's history to us. It has been an absolutely pleasure. We can't thank you enough. Sorry to see it come to an end but it will live on in this site and the cars we all build as tribute to the way your Dad and Uncle built them.
    Jordan

Stogy and 296ardun like this.
  18. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Between this an the three springer thread, there is no cooler collections of early rods available on the whole World Wide Web.

You even made it open to people to comment, ask and ad to this wonderful thread! No collection like it!! Deserves to be published as a book!!
    Maybe a joint venture with @Rockerhead, whom would be the perfect audio to your visual aid!!!

Best of luck, and hopes to see stuff from you again!

Stogy, Babyearl, bowie and 2 others like this.
  19. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you very much for the comment Johnny! Like I have said before, this is History for "all" to enjoy!! It serves no purpose to be tucked away, and enjoyed by a select few. I hope by doing what I have; it will encourage more to do the same. This was truly an era where these guy's did what they could, with what they had, or could make. Ingenuity at it's best!! Glad you enjoyed the ride!!

Stogy, volvobrynk and Carter like this.
  20. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are very welcome oj!! Hope you enjoyed the ride!

Stogy likes this.
  21. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As far as I'm concerned, all the HAMB community deserves the "standing o". Thank you.

22. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome Texas36!! The key word here being "inspirational". My true reward would be for you and others to get that out of this thread! Again I have to share that with all the other HAMBERS who have contributed! The hobby definitely needs young people as yourself. I think all the HAMB community feels a connection to this thread. Thank you all.

Stogy likes this.
  23. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you Kiwifruit! From what I have seen from your work; I really appreciate the thanks!

Stogy likes this.
  24. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad you have enjoyed 562roadster! Next time you go up to Ruby's, or somewhere, PM me. Would be glad to come by and say hi.

Stogy likes this.
  25. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you Karl! And thank you for all your posts, and comments that have added so much more to the thread!!

Stogy likes this.
  26. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you bowtie! And I enjoyed every minute doing this thread! Wish I had more, but very glad to have and share what I have. Glad you enjoyed the ride!

Stogy likes this.
  27. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you 383deuce! Hopefully it will stay around awhile longer for more inspiration.

Stogy likes this.
  28. Autodave

Autodave
    from Menifee,Ca

Thanks Mike, like others said...the greatest thread!

Stogy likes this.
  29. woodiemike

woodiemike
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you Autodave! It's been a pleasure taking so many along for the ride!!

Stogy likes this.
  30. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx SO much for this thread. You have done a great thing here! Gary

Stogy likes this.