Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to H.A.M.B. 4-71 Blowers will live on.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Haisley, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Haisley

Haisley

I have a true 1970 Chevelle SS LS5 and a 1938 Ford Tudor Standard street rod. The Chevelle was restored in 2009.

The 38 is 95% mocked up and ready for tearing back down fro paint and interior. The 38 has a SBC 350 with 3 deuces, power steering, 4 wheel power disk brakes, Vintage Air, and Borg Warner five speed.

I have a CNC machine shop in the Mid-west. Am pursuing the idea of making new 4-71 blower manifolds for the SBC. It appears that no one is supplying these to the market. I saw a few weeks ago a Weiand 4-71 blower intake sell for over $2,200 on Ebay. This is crazy money for a simple intake.

Back in the late 70's I had a 1972 Nova with the 3 Vee belt CRAGAR 4-71 setup on a SBC. Blew up two motors with that setup because I was too dumb to put money in the bottom end. So after the last motor blow up I sold the blower setup to a local speed shop for $300 complete. What was I thinkin?

Now 36 years later I have the CNC machine tools to make these and make some money at the same time. I also have access to an aluminum foundry to make the cores, match plates, and castings. I'm going to do this right, the finished product will be a CNC machined casting anybody will be proud to own.

What I don't have is a sample of the intake to reverse engineer from. So if anybody out there has a CRAGAR 4-71 intake that they would rent out so I can get CMM measurement data from let me know. This is how the process gets started. 70 Chevelle SS LS5 sm.JPG

Anybody have one for rent contact me. 765-749-7027 Should be able to return with in 3 days or less. Will pay shipping both ways and some rent money for your trouble.

2. Welcome! Good to have you here.

3. 1EvilPaul

1EvilPaul

4-71, Hell yeah!!!