Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 Ford 3 window FIND

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 383deuce, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Dennis my friend, I just went and caught myself up with your build thread here. You are really coming along great. I'll be over that way in August.......

2. Greg, (big deuce)
    Thanks for the kind words, but I would not be as far along with out all your help and input. You are god's send to a old hot rodder. When guys talk to me about where this love of old cars is going to be in ten years I always think of you..;..It will be in good hands with people like you & T&A to keep the fire burning.
    Big Thanks go out to CORNHUSKER'S Gary for all his help with it also. Sure have made a great friend with him. He is a bucket of 32 knowledge and a great guy.
    Hell even 3 window Larry has been involved with this build. Thank's Larry......Thank's to everyone that has helped me along the way as I am sure you all know who you are.
    Special Thank's to Ryan for liking my build.

volvobrynk, 3wLarry and T&A Flathead like this.
  3. TigerFan

TigerFan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Athens, GA

What a great build--cool color choice and great wheels as well. Thanks for taking the time to record and share it all.

4. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Ahh... Vroom noises are second best.

5. Been block sanding my ass of on the body and I sure don't like this part of the build, but I know it has to be done and is one of the important parts of a good paint job.
    Sure does give me a lot of respect for all the guys that do body & paint for a living.....You guys are special for sure.
    One more coat of build primer and then it is on to paint.....Can't wait!

wedjim likes this.
  6. Primer on sand off- primer on sand off:(:confused::D

wedjim likes this.
  7. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Nothing like spraying high build primer and sanding it off a couple times to help you appreciate a good body man and what they charge!

Time for more pics! :)

8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I believe those efforts are pretty self rewarding. Yea its a pain in the ass, but when the compliments start rolling in on your patience and attention to detail you will be patting yourself on the back for years.

Runnin shine and falcongeorge like this.
  9. Just read this thread from start to finish again, what a great story about an awesome looking hot rod, cannot wait to see the finished photos....

10. Had a GREAT day today...Made a road trip to Kansas. Stopped by Krylon32's shop and talked to him plus picked up a box to take on down to big deuce in Kansas.
    Picked up my 5 speed transmission from big deuce along with some other parts. He rebuilt the WC trannie for me and made a killer shifter for it. We done some good old swapping of parts we both wanted and I think we both came away happy. It is always so much better to trade parts then selling parts.
    Thanks big deuce....you are a great friend.

loudbang likes this.
  11. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Ditto. Always enjoy your company, wish you could have stayed longer.

12. DAM!
    I just received all my bearings, seals, races and gaskets to put my V8 winters quick change rear end together using the 40 Ford bells....$359.00 Hell the complete 40 Ford did not cost much more than that. Find it hard to understand that parts cost so dam much these days.

13. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Gary, the coupe is looking great!
    I am a big fan of the "Bones" style Lakes coupes and plan to join Ken and the boys on the Circus to Bonneville trip in 20150614_125555_resized_1-1.jpg the near future, unfortunately I have alot more work to do than you do to get there.

14. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I would much rather give the hot rod culture the money, than the fed government.

15. I have to go along with you big deuce as far as who to give my $$ to. My 327 motor was done today, but had to go to Omaha to have laser eye surgery done on both eyes so it will have to wait until Monday to go pick it up. (This sucked big time)
    Received my new 4 piece hood yesterday and spent the day sanding on it. 174 louvers so I am sure there will be some blood on the fingers when I get this done for primer and paint.
    Marty is coming by tomorrow to check out all the parts for the quick change to make sure I have everything for it's build. Then we will set a date for doing it.

16. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Sounds like you are making good progress, can't wait to see soon!!

17. kisam

kisam

Beautiful work!

18. Looking good Dennis

19. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

20. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Here are some pics of the 327 that's going in the 3w....valve covers are from my stash. IMG_1135.JPG IMG_1136.JPG

JP55, nxpress62, wedjim and 3 others like this.
  21. fonti

fonti

Yeah those louvers are a pain in the ass, but look so good when painted!! Dennis, keep up the great work; I am looking so forward to see your 3W in person!

volvobrynk likes this.
  22. The name is Dennis.....But I sure like your 3 window, nice body for sure and should be a big help in the end product. Are you going to hook up with the bones this year at speedweek?

23. Cusco

Cusco
    from Europe

It's coming along really nicely.

24. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

Fantastic work, thanks for sharing

Is the Andy referred to from Worms Nebraska ?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Yes I believe it is, its not too far from Marquette, NE where Dennis lives.

26. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

Thanks

Work looked familiar

Andy built a 3 window from scratch in the early 90's at a time when nobody else was attempting to do metal work of the kind, at least not in Nebraska

FYI Was born in GI

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

diggin the 327

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. rcnut223,
    big deuce is correct as Andy is from Worms Nebraska. You are also right about him building a 32 3 window from sheet steel and he even painted it black. So that tells you a lot about his metal skills.
    How long ago did you move away from GI? I have lot's of hot rod friends from there.

29. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Sorry Dennis, so many people posting pictures of your car I got confused.

I would like to make the Circus in 2016 if possible, might just bring one of the model As this year since my buddy will be running his C/SR their trying to get his license.

If I make it I will let you know and we could hook up on the salt.