Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Survey - The future of watching Hot Rod / Motorcycle films - Motornation!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evel, Nov 17, 2014.

?
  1. Yes no brainer

50 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Maybe

39 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. No i'll stick with cable tv

16 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. elgringo71

elgringo71

Great I can't wait.

2. jetcycles

jetcycles

Any updates on the Roku channel?

3. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

I subscribed assuming Roku was to follow shortly. Any update?

4. I'm still hangin' in there. Sure beats watching those Monkeys, on cable TV. Ready to cut my cable, any day now. Unsure if I have to cough up the dough for TWO Roku boxes?? One in living room and one in the bedroom?? Getting an antenna too, for local stuff. Rather spend my hard earned coin, on my Olds.
    JT

5. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Thanks fellas.. We are in full production on Roku and the new site.. Should be about 2 months.. It's coming I promise

6. Sent an e-mail, a few weeks ago, and still no response. No big deal, but was wondering...some of the content, that was available, early on, is gone. ie...the motorcycle Cannonball show, about all the pre 1916 bikes going across country. Found this to be a fascinating story. Wanted to share with a few of the gang, but cannot find it.
    JT

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Hey Jake sorry about that.. We get a bunch of emails daily and between my partner and I we some times miss one..

You are speaking of White Knuckle and yes it was pulled by the Atomic Hot Rods as he decides if motornation is right for him.. We hope to have it back some day but till then it will only be available on DVD.,

8. Yeah, Now that you mention it, all of Brian's Atomic films are gone. Really enjoyed them, especially The Long Beach Story, about The Cavaliers Car Club.
    Been working my way through, some of the classics. Watched "Teenage Thunder", this week. Love the old footage of life is So-Cal. Bert's Garage, was a cool old service station. Wonder how much of those neighborhoods still servive??
    Thanks. :)
    JT

9. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

I hope he comes around. White Knuckle was awesome!

10. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

We do too.. We enjoy his movies as well..

11. Roger53

Roger53

Well I guess your going threw some growing pains. Tried to watch the two minute film on your site would'nt loadit could be me to I'll try later. The idea is great ! I've been hoping for something like this for along time.I watch these shows just thinking wouldn't it be nice if sometime during this joke of a car show they'd maybe do a little car stuff! Good luck. Roger

12. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Yes some growing pains.. We are constantly looking to better this.. And in a few months the new site, new media player, new Roku channel and overall reliability on all devices will take this to the next level..

Thanks for those that have been patient during our growth...

Stay tuned!!

13. Roger53, Have you tried running on Google Chrome web browser, instead of like...Internet Explorer?? Works MUCH better. Super easy to download, if you do not have it.
    JT

14. EVEL, Unsure how your decision process works, for choosing content. Watched a film, last night, that would be great, for MotorNation TV. Within these 4 vintage Indy 500 segments, is the complete story of Cummins Diesel engine company, designing and building a racecar, for the 1952 event.
    http://odemoto.com/THE-INDIANAPOLIS-500-ROADSTER-ERA-OF-THE-1950s-INDY500ROADSTER.htm
    Teriffic insight into Americana, circa 1952, and our cutting edge technology. PM sent.
    JT

15. Just my 2c..

I was super keen for this when i first heard about it, signed up and paid the $7 or so a month.. checked out the latest Mad Fabricators and really enjoyed the Midwest Fabrication stuff as it was so similar to Mad Fabricators.. watched a couple other videos and was keen to see new stuff uploaded between then and the next month.

Anyway, a few months on.. i'm not too worried about getting charged like 2 bucks a week for it but there's been just about nothing new uploaded. No new Mad Fabricators.. no new Midwest Fabrication.. i think i've seen a couple random car show type stuff but nothing really good.

Bit disappointed, but i know you're workin hard at it and i'm sure it'll have some more awesome stuff soon! I hope..

16. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Totally understand your frustration and thanks for your input.

We are working really hard at as well as our content providers. We have been focused on getting the web site redone and expanding into other platforms like Roku and yes that has taken a bit of time from production of new content being edited. But non the less we are trying to make it all work perfectly so we can get back to making cool content. The site has been updated with new content mostly motorcycle stuff be we are adding new videos. We are also waiting on content to be finished by some of our providers as well. Our next plan of attack is starting a production company with a staff to pump out content all the time. Please bare with us as we are moving forward to make this better and not to worry new content and web site is coming.. Thanks for the support.

jakespeed63, 28A and Max Gearhead like this.
  17. mgermca

mgermca

Yeah and maybe twist Darwas' arm to let you run his stuff again, all of it is top drawer!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

jakespeed63 likes this.
  18. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Jump up Tiny's ass and get more content from him. While you're at it tell him to stop with the greatest hits podcast stuff too haha

jakespeed63 likes this.
  19. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

On Chopcult there is a teasor video for another Born Free builder and it says the whole video is on Motornation. I keep looking for it and it's not there?

20. jetcycles

jetcycles

Every month I see this recurring charge hit my debit card and every month I check the Roku for your channel with no luck. . .do you have a guesstimate for when that channel will be available? I'm thinking of canceling my subscription until I can access the material that I pay for.

21. Yes please!!!

Lone Star Mopar likes this.
  22. Eating my bologna samich' trying to watch latest edition of Mad Fabricators. Won't play without stopping??? My computer at work should run just about anything...and using Google Chrome. Is it me or you???

JT

23. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Is Motornation available on Apple TV or Roku yet? I'm about to start looking into those for my house.

24. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

@TexasSpeed look into a Chromecast, basically the same as roku only no remote, you control it w your phone. Motor nation works like a champ in combo w the free web video caster app.

TexasSpeed likes this.
  25. ssgbeaver

ssgbeaver

Motornation hmm, I just subscribed and was really looking forward to sitting in front of the tv to watch some cool shit. after about an our of trying to find more then a few trailers and then Now after reading this I'm thinking I should unsubscribe.

26. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

You spent an hour looking for trailers? There are hours and hours of great content, what are you talking about?

Maybe you weren't logged in and the trailers were all you could see.

27. mgermca

mgermca

Yep, if you're logged in there's probably 100 hrs minimum of stuff to watch.

28. The new Speed and Chrome episode is working great. Did you change some adjustment?? Was having a terrible time, with smooth operation, even using Google Chrome. Still using the same crappy hand me down laptop.
    JT

29. Dirty Bird Clothing Co

Dirty Bird Clothing Co

Any update on the new site or Chromecast?

30. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Hey guys just a quick update.. We will be on every device available within a few months.. He have partnered up with a major distribution company that will put us in 92 million homes... Big things underway... Sorry for you wait.. This deal just happens a few weeks ago and we are retuning everything so stay tuned you guys are in for a real treat!!

jakespeed63 and JJK like this.