Register now to get rid of these ads!

Al chrome rip off thieves

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tbauer, Jun 3, 2015.

1. tbauer

tbauer

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1433363470.266702.jpg

All HAMBers beware Al chrome in Rowland heights CA. They travel from car show to show take your money then don't deliver parts. They answered my calls for the first few weeks, now they don't pickup or call back. It's been over two months. Spread the word so no one else get ripped off by these scum ball thieves.

2. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Word on these guys have been known on this board for years and years

3. Yeah, a new thread about every 3 months, year after year...Can't believe these guys are still operating.

4. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Their name keeps changing slightly...

Some have had good luck keeping their receipt and going to all the shows they go to and waiting till they have a bumper of their make on hand and grabbing it, and just saying thanks for my bumper... Later

stillrunners, 40fordtudor and dan c like this.

5. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

And yet another one. HOW is it they keep doing business??? Chrome at a swap meet or car show??? Maybe better do some homework.

6. I can't believe they still have their knee caps.

40fordtudor and Hotrodmyk like this.
  7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Countless posts on car sites (including the HAMB) about Juan and Berta Tremino, and Son of Rowland Heights, Ca. area. They're essentially chrome gypsies and seem to be arrest and judgement proof. Traveling to swap meets under different names (Bumper Boyz, United Plating, etc), preying on people foolish enough to hand over their bumper cores and sometimes pay cash in advance for a promised return. IF you get your parts they're rather poor quality plating.

People must get freakin hypnotized with Gold fever when they see shiny chrome!!!??? Juan; "give us your pr. of bumpers, plus $500 in cash. We'll take them back to CA., chrome them, then send them back to you." RIGHT!
    Imagine handing over a set of wheels, plus cash to a total stranger at a swap meet from out of State on the promise that he'll mount a set of tires on your rims and ship them out to you???

We make it way too easy for them. What is needed in the car community is an association of car swap meets. If an individual or company received a shit load of legit complaints, they would be blacklisted. Member swap meets would get notice of the offender, (then in order to protect their legit customers) would refuse to rent vendor space to them. The rip off artists eventually would not have any place to set up their clip joint shop and after getting bounced out of or turned away from every show across the nation, they'd dry up, fold and go away. For this to work, it would have to have participation from virtually every car swap meet big and small because guys like this know all of them and hit them when they go "on tour".

8. Chrome plate work is never cheap..when the price is too good to be true,,go with your gut! HRP

9. Invite Al chrome to a HAMB event and then.... Everyone take turns beating the shit out of them at their booth. Problem solved.

10. If they are using the name "Bumper Boyz" they supposedly are having a booth set up at this years "Back to the 50's" car show in St. Paul in a couple weeks. I may be attending this year. You want I should break their legs!:rolleyes:

Ford52PU, Hdonlybob, da34guy and 2 others like this.
  11. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

For you all up in the north west, Pacific NW Plating is in the same category as Al Chrome.
    Tony gave me a bunch of BS , then no emails, calls or parts were returned.

mike in tucson likes this.
  12. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Maybe Texas justice should be applied----it takes a horse, a rope and a tree limb.

Arabie777 and Dave Mc like this.
  13. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

Got me a couple of years ago at btt5os.At least I got some parts back.Not the same ones I sent as I had marked my parts before I sent to make sure.Came back with all kinds of dents and shitty chrome job.Never did anything about it
    due to all the complaints figured it wasn't worth the frustration.I try to make it over to their booth at back to the 50s just to witness some of their customers stopping back have some discussions about being ripped off.Im surprised nobodys been shot,discussions get pretty heated at times.It is interesting that they are able to stay in business after all the complaints.

14. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

The EXACT same thing happened to a friend of mine, he sent his parts to Bumper Boyz,
    this was after he had spent time prepping them much nicer than the ones they sent back.

15. tbauer

tbauer

Another week of calls and not a call back. If these guy's have a schedule hopefully someone will post it here. I would like to talk to them face to face. Thanks

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. czuch az

czuch az

1x1x2. Deftly applied in profusion.
    If they're at a swap meet, why not surround them peacefully and quietly.
    Tell them "You know" and maybe they wont be back there again.
    These posts warning everyone about these folks is getting rather mundane.

zzford likes this.
  17. tbauer

tbauer

Weekend update still no returned phone calls ,parts or money. They may be in Saint Paul this weekend. Don't let them steal from more hambers!

18. FLATROCKER

FLATROCKER
    from nw ohio

Yep sounds just like same crap Bumper Boyz dishes out. Hope they would just go out of business.

19. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Somebody in Minnesota who got ripped off by these guys should have filed a claim to get their show equipment confiscated this weekend.

20. i had issue with them years back with TF truck grille they claimed was destroyed and tough shit for me! they changed their mind when they discovered they had given me a receipt with their home address and phone number and i showed up raising hell, my grille suddenly appeared!

21. clem

clem

May be you could pass that home address on...

deto likes this.
  22. About 25 years ago my cousin had some dealings with Bumper Boyz at Rhinebeck GG . They tried to screw him with some shitty GTO bumpers . He showed up just as the show was ending . He went in the truck with the owner came out the guy took the good GTO bumpers off the display rack and gave them to us. I asked my cousin what he did he said the guy was all bullshit till he stuck his gun in his mouth then he decided we could have the ones on the display rack. My cousin has passed away a few years ago so I don't see any harm in telling this story.

23. flamingokid

flamingokid

I hear there's this thing called the internet and that you can find out info on people you want to deal with...so I heard ;)

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  24. They were at the Decatur swap meet in Texas last year, but not to be confused with the Bumper Shop, who I've bought some really well done parts from at a fair price. The Bumper Shop does the Decatur as well, and he was telling me some guys approached him accusing them of the other guy's dealings...so make sure you got the right people before you go off on them. They're not all thieves.

25. verde742

verde742

GET A ROPE......

40fordtudor likes this.
  26. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

Had the misfortune of Bumper Boyz once....junk never heard of Al Chrome, thanks for the warning I have had great luck with Tri City Plating out of Bristol Tn. For bumpers, excellent service and nice quality.

27. 65pacecar

65pacecar
    from KY, AZ

28. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

I see Bumper Boyz at Auburn. IN show/swap every year. They show up with a semi full of bumpers. Never have bought anything from them but am sure glad I read this thread! I will pas it on to my friends.

29. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Bumper Boyz are always at the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville. They have a display inside the Big building at the back. NSRA needs to be contacted and made aware of their scam. Here is a contact name. Bob Reynolds, 2365 Royal Oaks Dr. Alamo, Ca. 94507 Phone 925-855-1808.

30. tbauer

tbauer

Thanks for the Nsra info I call and see what they think.