Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Help with 1959 Ford F-100 wipers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by runningiron, Jun 23, 2015.

1. I need to buy a replacement wiper motor for a 1959 Ford F-100. Are the wiper motors from 1957-1960 all the same? It is also missing the drivers side wiper linkage, are they also the same in the 57-60 trucks? I Also do the windshield wiper blades lay flat on the windshield? The one and only one I have, the passenger side does not lay flat on the windshield. Possibly the wrong motor or linkage arm? Help. Thanks in advance. Runningiron

2. Rob68

Rob68

Should be all the same, either vacuum or electric. I dont think anyone is making a direct replacement for them though.
    Try this place. They can rebuild yours. Not sure about the wiper laying flat. Mine just sit right on the edge of the blade.
    http://wiperman.com/

3. czuch az

czuch az

Theres enough of those trucks around here. Try the pick-a-part and various knock off junk yards.
    Make it quick, Monsoons are here soon, mon.

4. finn

finn

Not sure about this, but I think part of the vaccuum wiper linkage is different than that of the electric wiper systems.

There was a thread on another forum a couple of weeks ago about adapting a Ranger wiper motor and another about using the linkage from an 88 F150, so scooping up junkyarf 57-60 systems must be not so simple, at least by implication.

I can't remember where I saw thest threads, but it may have been on the Fordtrucks site.

I'm always on the lookout for this type of information for obvious reasons.

5. Thanks for your info guys.