Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1949 Chevy Styleline Gasser Project

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by Gasser_Dave, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Gasser_Dave

Gasser_Dave
    from St. Louis

City: Bloomington

State: Minnesota
    Price: sold
    EDIT!! Just confirmed with the state of Minnesota- brand new title clear and free in the mail today!

Selling my 1949 Chevy Styleline gasser project. It has a Speedway gasser kit tack welded on there. Totally able to go back to stock if you have a sock front end to attach. New quarters, outside rockers done by previous owner. Body is in great shape, the only main rust area is the drivers front floorboard will need a new pan. Trunk has some questionable patches done, but NOT a rust bucket by any means. The front end was trashed with rust and I found a rust free 51 chevy clip to go on there. I do have a beat up 49 grill that comes with it. Frame is in great shape and the under body will need 2 maybe 3 body mounts. Doors, hood and trunk are in absolutely great shape. The trunk lid still has the original sound deadener in it. Doors and trunk are shaved. Has the original torque tube rear end in there. No motor or transmission. It also will come with 5 cragar SS rims that 3 of them are in pretty bad shape, but the two 15 x 10 rear wheels might be able to be saved. It also has a 1954 Mercury dash partly installed by previous owner. I have the speedo and the part that sits under the gauges. Would be cool to finish it with that in there. The car needs a lot, which is why the price is pretty low. The body is in great shape and is a good starting point for any direction you want to go. I am going back to building bikes is why I am letting this go. I can help with shipping in whatever way you need me to, I just cannot deliver as I do not have a truck or trailer.

Here are the main things it will need-
    windshield
    door glass on both sides (rear windows are in there)
    gas tank
    front seats
    all brake components
    steering system

Make me an offer. there is no feeling bad to try and low ball me. I found a bike I want and need this gone asap. The least I can say is no.

Also, if you are in town for the Back to the 50's car show, I will be around i f you want to come look at it.

I have the wing windows, and a few boxes of parts plus a pretty nice radiator, rust free radiator support door latches. I posted pics of what I have on the computer, will pull the car out of the garage and take some more. It is titled, but it currently in in the MN DMV getting revised as someone added an extra G to my Minnesota title. I had the bloomington cops come out, they ran the original VIN and it is all clear. should have the new title soon. 20150314_131234_resized_3.jpg 20150314_131030_resized.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. Gasser_Dave

Gasser_Dave
    from St. Louis

BTTT with a few more pics

GetAttachment (1).jpeg GetAttachment (3).jpeg GetAttachment (4).jpeg GetAttachment (5).jpeg GetAttachment (7).jpeg GetAttachment (8).jpeg GetAttachment (9).jpeg GetAttachment (10).jpeg GetAttachment (11).jpeg GetAttachment (12).jpeg GetAttachment (13).jpeg

3. Gasser_Dave

Gasser_Dave
    from St. Louis

BTTT Make me an offer! Found another project I need to grab! Don't be shy!!

4. Gasser_Dave

Gasser_Dave
    from St. Louis

Price drop! the sheet metal is worth this price alone! 1650.00!