Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1927 Chrysler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evolution, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Evolution

Evolution
    from c

hi in looking at purchasing a 27 Chrysler coupe series 50, set up as a high boy, body in primer, no motor or tranny, what should i offer? also is the 27 a good year for a hot rod? always wanted an early Chrysler for a hot rod 27-31, but is there a more desirable year with better fitting , such as the 30-31 model A's compered to the 28-29s where? or are they all the same, i dont want to jump the gun and buy an early one and kick my self later for not waiting longer for a 32, thanks for your time

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. From the firewall forward, I'm not a huge fan. Does glass come with it? I would not offer more than $1,200 for it.

3. Evolution

Evolution
    from c

no glass, ford rear end, chrysler rear leafs, ford 8inch rear end, dash but no gauges , has all door latches,window regulaters and door garnish rails, Corvair front, new wheels tires and head lights

4. I think that cars got some good potential. If it's to be run without fenders then i would definitely ditch the corvair front. It looks really ugly. Even if it was a fully fendered car i'd still go for a straight axle, but thats just me. I see no reason why it couldn't be made into a real bitchin' hot rod. Good luck.

-Chris

patmanta likes this.

5. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

$1200 hell i gave $1500 for my 1927 Chrysler body no frame and a little rusty and missing deck lid ! i guess i got screwed but here in tenn that rolling car is worth at least 4k !

6. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I offered $3000 for one in worse shape and less parts. I did not get it.

7. Evolution

Evolution
    from c

i only really want it for the shell and tittle i wanna build a lower chopped channled rod thanks guys

patmanta and 283john like this.
  8. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

The Chrysler has more room than a Ford.
    Watch out for the wood, mainly around the doors.
    Ditch Every thing on the front and find a radiator shell from a 1924 - 28 Chrysler

9. Evolution

Evolution
    from c

there is some wood in the car, behind posts,behind dash, and flooris ok but would benifit with replacing, is this an issue??? hopefully i can get it for 2,500 , good deal? thanks

10. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

If the wood around the hinges and the bottom is still solid you should be fine.
    With any lose hinge screws you can always drill all the way through the wood and put long 1/4" nuts & bolts. "L" brackets could hep stiffen up lose A & B pillars.

Evolution likes this.
  11. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

For $2500 it's a decent deal when you consider it's titled and looks to have a solid body.
    Yes, a Model A is more popular, but for $2500 you're not very likely to find a Model A titled roller. Though you'd be paying $2500 for the 27 body and title. See what a Model A body and title will run.

What's your budget? 32's are expensive.

This may be a good entry level budget built Rod that will build "car sweat equity" toward an eventual 32. Find a cheap, totaled car to donate a V8 and drivetrain. Chop, channel the body over the stock frame and add a dropped axle, split bone front end under it. Do all the work yourself. Enjoy it while you save $ on the side for a 32 frame or rails, then sell the 27 and go shopping for a 32 body.

Evolution likes this.