Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Floor It!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Floor It!

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Model T1 likes this.
  2. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I still rest my feet on the original carpet that my 56 New Yorker came with. There's a lot of the original padding underneath it. Not sure what it's made of, but it sure takes a long time to dry out if it gets wet.

Model T1 likes this.
  3. flamingokid

flamingokid

I've been thinking about ceramic tile......

Model T1 likes this.
  4. silverdome

silverdome

My wife had me go with her to pick up some tile she seen on Craig's List for our bathroom. It would really cheese her off if I put it in my car before we put it in the bathroom.
    But to answer the original question bare metal and anti skid rubber so far.

5. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

You always come up with threads we don`t think about. Thanks

hotrod54chevy likes this.
  6. I need to see that!

7. loop, under construction; DSCF3759.JPG

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

My favorite carpet is the Daytona tight weave style like Tr1 5 Chevies had.

Gary

hotrod54chevy likes this.
  9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

My '47 Ford has factory-style rubber mat in front, factory-style carpet in back (weird but stock)
    My Nomad has loop weave carpet

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Right now two layers of peel and seal with some short pile indoor outdoor carpet. Though I've got a roll of half inch thick jute on its way. After 4 years I broke down and have been trying to get the road noise down as much as I can with the fantasy of being able to speak to someone sitting next to me at 75mph

Model T1 likes this.
  11. Tim, is that even possible?

I have the metal floor that came off of the factory assembly line. I would like to get a rubber mat from Jim Carter, but I am spending my money well before I remember that summers suck in Phoenix while my Converse's are on the verge on melting off of my feet.

12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

You know im starting to doubt it lol. I'm hoping with the jute, more firewall insulation and full upholstery it'll get me closer. Guess I'll know in the spring but as of now the car feels much more solid with less rattles and... Sorta oil canning body noises. It's way better at surface street speed and then less and less effective the faster I go.

13. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

Floor......Whats that?

14. Just stock stuff! 006.JPG

Model T1 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  15. triman62

triman62

Presently fabricating custom floor pans now, thinking about spatter paint.

16. vwdave30

vwdave30

Rust and dirt and something that use to be carpet

Model T1 likes this.
  17. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

Plates screwed to marine plywood in the RPU that I sold... No pairs of plates were used....Still have some more of these rusty crustys for the next floor too. DSC_4571 (Medium).JPG

Model T1 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  18. autobilly

autobilly

GM ribbed rubber floor cover. Not very flash, but very utilitarian.

19. striper

striper

Spent a lot of time designing and a fair bit of money having nice bead rolled panels made to run bare. It's a roadster with no roof. Nanny state I live in said it must be carpeted. Common sense is not that common.

Oh so I run German weave carpet. Looks OK.

20. Had a 63 Ford Patrol car with rubber floor cover so the Police could "hose out" the car after a bloody fight or a sickly drunk.

I put a carpet floor mat over it when it was date night... Still looked and smelled like squad car!

Model T1 likes this.
  21. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

I have a few years old post on here where I was trying to replace the white rubber mats my car came with. They make some for Cadillac that are several hundred. I also wanted Trinidad, black with silver, but still too spendy, so I went with black loop. I bought extra, cut out floor mat shapes after making paper patterns. Then I took it to an upholstery shop where they sewed white vinyl around the outer edge. Everyone likes the look.

22. Justin Case

Justin Case

I use Lizard Skin with heat shield and noise deadener in all of my cars before applying carpet or a rubber mat. It "tightens up the car and cuts down on the heat. I also apply it inside the doors, sides and to the roof., everywhere!
    It makes for a cool and comfortable ride.

23. Model T1

Model T1

In my Model A it was plywood.
    In my Model T it was plywood stained and clear coated after wood burning some fancy script and facts about the builder, me.
    For my 41 Ford and 55 Chevy it's Rustolium then roll roof tar paper, 1/2" carpet pad, Home Depot black tight weave carpet, and 55 Chevy style floor mats. Same with the 41 Ford except Tweety Bird floor mats.
    For the 48 Chevy panel it's rattle can primer and silver bubble insulation from Lowes. That's as far as I got.
    Nuthin but the best.

24. Rusty factory sheet metal and some K-mart flamed floor mats.
    "Ugotpk" here on the board, used a really nice thick bathroom rug for the floor in his 1956 F100. Real nice on bare feet and looks pretty cool too!