Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 35 ford 5w coupe inspiration. Mild to wild what's your fav? Lets see em

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Haven't got a clue what I want to do with it.

image.jpg

2. deuce1932

deuce1932
    from Australia

have no details on it.. but this one does it for me...love 35's

Attached Files:

nobux, timwhit and kidcampbell71 like this.

3. This ought to be fun.

Eventually it will be a "what color should I paint it?" Thread

It is really a perfect specimen for a channel. The bottom 6" or so needs put back in.

4. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1434458178.953046.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1434462010.436005.jpg

You asked for it.
    This is what I would do.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  5. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

6. Hey man, 3window Larry beat you to that one , some other place though :)
    He's gonna be looking for you.

7. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I would make a similar car as them on the pic. But since I see no front clip in your pic, it don't matter that much to me, if the cars I posted is a different year or gri.

It's a style reference, not a clone I would do!
    But the 3w with the 32 grill, don't care if you make a 5w copy and paint it red and gold, with stellies and whitewalls

Isn't the 33-35 almost the same except for the parts that bolts on to the body? And it got a much nicer grill and hood sides?

8. I'll get a pic side by side 34 to 35.
    There's more difference than similarity to some folks. To others ( as yourself) there's more similarity than difference.

Now if you apply a 33/34 recipe to a 35 /36 it doesn't work at all the way you'd think it should.

9. That does it fo me too.....just like it is!!

10. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

So you are saying that a 35 channel the width of the frame and slight to no chop. Running on steelies and no fenders will never look good?
    Not even in red and gold?

I just went and did a Google photo search. Looks way different in the front and and the rear. But from the side the look a lot a like.

My bad.

11. What I'm saying
    Which is different than what you say that I'm saying
    Is that the recipe for a 33/34 doesn't work the way one would think it works on 35/36. Fenderless 35 and up cars don't generally have the eye appealing quality that 34 and down cars have.

image.jpg
    The 35&6 have some very graceful lines. Take the fenders off and you loose a bunch of grace & wind up with bulbous curves and very flat spots and panels. The grace goes away without some very heavy mods and its not a 35 after that.

Now some folks will go so far as to group 28 thru 34 fords together because they appear similar to them.

Then there is this kind of stuff where the recipe is written as you go. I get a kick out guys trying to figure it out.
    image.jpg

12. What I'm saying
    Which is different than what you say that I'm saying
    Is that the recipe for a 33/34 doesn't work the way one would think it works on 35/36. Fenderless 35 and up cars don't generally have the eye appealing quality that 34 and down cars have.

View attachment 2930897
    The 35&6 have some very graceful lines. Take the fenders off and you loose a bunch of grace & wind up with bulbous curves and very flat spots and panels. The grace goes away without some very heavy mods and its not a 35 after that.

Now some folks will go so far as to group 28 thru 34 fords together because they appear similar to them.

Then there is this kind of stuff where the recipe is written as you go. I get a kick out guys trying to figure it out.
    View attachment 2930923

13. deuce1932

deuce1932
    from Australia

another for ideas....

Attached Files:

14. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

I always thought a 3w 35 made a better looking chopped car, and the 5w looks better to me without any chop. Don't know if it's the front slope of the roof combined with the extra windows or what. I think you have gotten yourself into an enviable position, having a desirable Ford and no concrete plans. The car will call out to you. Anyway I like this one, I know its a little flashy, but so what? images510Q6L6Z.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. 4thhorseman

4thhorseman
    from SW Desert

Full fendered, shine hauling theme I say.