Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1949/50 Plymouth windshield question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tailpipe47, Jan 14, 2015.

1. tailpipe47

tailpipe47

Does anyone know if a windshield from a 49/50 Dodge will fit a 49/50 Plymouth. They look the same,but don't want to spend the moneys until I know.

2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

If you need a windshield any auto glass shop can make one and they are not very expensive. The glass is flat, they only need to cut it to size.

To answer your question there were different models of Dodge and Plymouth and some used the same windshield.

It is recommended to use new glass if possible. No matter how good it looks old glass is always more or less pitted and scratched. It may look ok but wait till you are driving into the sun.

3. bct

bct

I redid both sides of my 51 this summer . $40 per side. cut and arrised

4. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

If cost is an issue, you can cut laminated glass if you know how. The technique involves cutting each side then cutting the plastic in the middle with a razor blade or pouring alcohol into the seam and lighting it on fire to melt the plastic.

We used to buy school bus windshields in the junk yards because they were the biggest. Then cut them down to fit our cars.

5. tailpipe47

tailpipe47

Thanks guys. You got me covered and I give you many thanks.

6. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

Some glass shops have the old style laminated glass with the tinted stip along the top. I opted for this when I did my 49 and if I recall correctly did a 5" tint.