Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My old sedan...can we find it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timwhit, Jun 15, 2015.

1. I'm trying a new approach to try and locate this '34 I once owned. I had it from early '74 until March of '80.
    I sold it to a guy named Bob Warner in Lafayette In. Mr. Warner died about a year later and I was told the car went to St. Charles. I always thought Missouri but realize there is a St. Charles in other states, like Illinois.
    So why now? In a thread I titled "where to from here" I mentioned I want to sell the cabrio this year and build what I think of as my LAST car, a steel coupe, or maybe a sedan. One thing led to another and I thought, why not try and locate the old tudor? So here we are.
    I'll throw in some pics. Its a '34 two door sedan, SBC/powerglide. The color was a GM color called midnight green (non metallic). I realize there is a very good chance it looks nothing like this now. But then there are cars out there that were bought, driven little and parked....I'm dreamin'. The last pic is why I sold it. I'd appreciate what ever help you can give me, Thanks Tim 002.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 013.JPG 015.JPG

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  2. Good looking car Tim,I wish you luck in finding it,I will keep my eyes open. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

anything is possible - likely cut up into a RR now - Ha!

4. OK, maybe I don't want it back!

5. That was cruel! HRP

lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  6. Good luck with your hunt. Great looking car. That colour is very similar to what I have in mind for my RPU if I ever get the damn thing done.

7. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

Hey, I remember that car from the 70's rod runs! Neat car, hope you locate it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Anything is possible. Sat with someone at Goodguys Sundsy who found his 39 coupe after over 35 years. Btw I can see why you want it back. Nice ride.

9. I made numerous trips up into central Ohio as well as St. Paul etc. You dated yourself by the way!

10. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Sure hope you find it. Sure would like to find the 40 Tudor I sold in 94.

11. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

In the 70's and 80's, we went to all the Nats, runs in Ohio, Ind., Ky, Tn, etc. Remember that car well!

12. What did you drive back then?

13. Drive'em

Drive'em

Bitchin sedan! Boy I bet you regret selling, obviously you do>

14. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Love the shots with the mags.

falcongeorge likes this.
  15. Those wheels were a set of magnesium halibrands that belonged to a friend of mine. I gave them back when I got tired of polishing them!!!

MAD 034 likes this.
  16. Very nice build considering some of the fads that we're going on at that time if ya know what I mean.

17. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

LARS is this weekend if it's on the left coast,

I will keep an eye out, super nice stance..

18. yes what HRP said.....that's a nice build/car and best of luck finding it !

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Wish you luck on reconnecting with the awesome Tudor, but you may want to start looking for one to recreate that gorgeous 34.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. Dick: If I was fortunate enough to find this car, I would hope I could re-own it. If not, I'll stick with the plan of building a steel coupe of a similar appearance. It's more curiosity than anything mixed with a glimmer of hope. Tim

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. Hey Tim, do you still have the VIN or any old paperwork on it ? Old records seem to find the bottom of the box, in the dustiest of corners. Just a thought. A vin search would help if so.

22. alchemy

alchemy

Reminds me a lot of the 33 Tudor my dad built in the mid-70's. It was chopped a similar amount and sat the same. He sold it in about 1983. He kept track of where it went, out east, and eventually it was bought by a local friend and brought back to Iowa. When that friend sold it later it went to Minnesota, and we commonly see it when we go to Back to the Fifties each year. Still looks the same.

23. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great lookn' Tudor. If the later owners had taste , they wouldn't have changed it at all! I'll keep my eye out, if it ever came "back east". Got any dash or firewall pic's?

24. `Bowie: Oddly enough i don't have any under hood or interior pics. The dash was green to match the ext. It had stock gauges plus three stewart warners in the center panel. Its a real stretch to think I might find it but worth doing. Tim

25. I remember your 34 from the 1977 St. Paul NSRA nats. I really liked the car, had a great look.
    Good luck on finding it.

Mick

26. Mick: Oh yeah, i was definitely there, had a ball!! Lots of cool cars there that year. Tim
    KC: I don't have any paperwork that I know of. I have a singed Michigan title for a '34 ford two door but have no idea where it came from. If it was for the sedan, I'm not sure why the state didn't keep it when I had it licensed. Of course, back then things were real loose in Ky. for registering cars. Thanks for the thought. Tim

27. BTTT for a little more exposure. Really want to give this a chance on the Hamb. Tim

28. raymay

raymay

My chopped 37 Chevy Sedan was gone 11 years and had 2 owners after me. I heard it went to Connecticut so I started posting a picture of it on the Craigslist Wanted section in different Connecticut Cities. It took a few years and several dead end leads, and I finally found the car. Another year went by and he offered to sell the car to me. Been enjoying it again the last 5 years just as much as I did when I built it over 25 years ago.
    Your 34 looks like it was a nice ride. Somebody out there has to know something about this car. Hope it has been taken care of and you are able to find it.

29. Ray: Thanks for the encouraging words!!!

30. skirtless33

skirtless33

I have a picture of the 34 at Slow-Pokes in Peoria if I remember right.