Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Pertronix Ignitor III question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The HellyDid, Jun 15, 2015.

1. The HellyDid

The HellyDid
    from Florida

I just purchased a used (like new though) in box "stock look" Pertronix cast distributor with Ignitor III installed. Hooked every thing up with a new Pertronix III coil and the car misses at idle and hesitates until about 1500 rpm. The resister is removed, I checked the grounds for resistance none there, I even removed the choke and tach wires from the coil and also ran a wire straight to the battery eliminating the switch. The thing I found weird was when I placed the volt meter on the coil with the engine running it was erratic, couldn't even read the numbers, going back and forth. The farther you went down the wire towards the switch it would read around 16v.....What the heck! Any ideas

2. stiktime

stiktime

Call Petronix tech line. They were very helpful to me !
    [QUOTE="The HellyDid, post: 11034263, member:

3. The HellyDid

The HellyDid
    from Florida

called Pertronix today and talked to the tech. He gave me a run down on what to check, everything checked out but...#4 was bad module, so how much is that I asked, $130, yeah more than I paid for the distributor. Time for a return.

4. Maybe that's why the guy was selling a $210.00 distributor so cheap :)