Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. froghawk

froghawk

Excellent! They'll be the crowning touch!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  2. YJ4000

YJ4000

Great work. Way to stay focused.

Ryan.

3. thanks, and just to stay focused, despite having to mow a few acres tonight, i was put the windshield in. DSCF4054.JPG

kiwijeff and kisam like this.
  4. Holly smokes! Last time I looked, you (only:rolleyes:) had it 'jammed'. Now, it's totally jammin'! You must eat Wheaties every day.;)

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  5. Italian Stallion :p

kiwijeff and tb33anda3rd like this.
  6. ... mow a few acres, throw together an heirloom car, post a few dozen HAMB identifying parts etc posts, crack three or fourteen HAMB jokes posts, as well as save the world or cook dinner. All in a days work. That beat's my week. You sir are an animal. How do you do it ? :cool:

HOTRODPRIMER and tb33anda3rd like this.
  7. He is related to me!:cool: I sleep for both of us!:rolleyes:

8. put the vent windows together with the new rubber seals from steele. and painted the oil filter canister. DSCF4056.JPG DSCF4057.JPG DSCF4058.JPG

rrs440, HOTRODPRIMER, blowby and 2 others like this.
  9. pumpman

pumpman

Cool shot, I see you let the cat out and the grass is cut! Really like this. If you mentioned it I must of missed it, but do you have a name for the cebby?

10. Now that is a great photo!:cool: I stopped by yesterday and the 33 is looking good. Brings back lots of memories.

[​IMG]

kiwijeff, raymay, TFoch and 2 others like this.
  11. Cool Change.......

12. [​IMG]

I know you guys have a long history together...

This is such a great photo..Who knows how many of us have admired our handy work at a similar vantage point,,I also noticed the cat could care less. :D HRP

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Runnin shine likes this.
  13. Now that's what I call a tall tail!!:D

14. thanks, i like how "alive" the inside looks on a dark night.

the cat is my shadow and has been involved with the whole project. DSCF4051.JPG

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    HOTRODPRIMER and kidcampbell71 like this.
  15. was able to get the door windows and doors back together; DSCF4067.JPG DSCF4070.JPG

HOTRODPRIMER and ct1932ford like this.
  16. also put the rear carpet and panels in; DSCF4068.JPG DSCF4069.JPG

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. today i started with putting the oil in the motor and priming the engine with a cut down distributor.
    i had a leak at the oil filter and realized i had the wrong base for the filter. i had switched back from a spin on conversion but needed another piece. folkswaggon had given me a 283 and it was at his house, in the driveway, on a hand truck, so i went over and picked it up. it had the correct parts i needed. DSCF4072.JPG

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. once the leak was stopped it had good oil pressure; DSCF4071.JPG

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  19. then a few guys stopped by, big Steve, and Mark [ct1932ford], test the clutch parts while little Steve and bradley [BP32] look on; DSCF4073.JPG

kiwijeff, Paul B and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  20. dad, two days after shoulder replacement surgery, leads the installation of the motor. Big Steve, Mark, Bruce, Mike, and Lenny get the motor into place...........................makes me wonder.............................where were all these guys when i was sanding? DSCF4074.JPG

kiwijeff likes this.
  21. FolksWaggin

FolksWaggin

Glad I could help supply the necessary parts to get the engine in! Bummed that I couldn't be there to help install it...or to drink your beer.

22. burgers and dogs came off the grill, and the mob heads for the cooler, leaving a clear shot of their work; DSCF4075.JPG

kiwijeff, TFoch and volvobrynk like this.
  23. thanks, needed the crank dowel pin also. wish you had showed up.
    dozen guys, sporting '39 chevy, 70 buick convertible, shelby daytona, 32 ford coupe, '67 mustang gt convertible, '69 gto judge, custom yj............it looked like a car show.......

charleyw and kiwijeff like this.
  24. Too cool.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  25. studebaker46

studebaker46

is that your handy work on the motor mounts or did your dad and uncle do that in the original build?looks cool plus functional

26. my dad and uncles handy work. they turned the original '55 front mounts then ,made the brackets off the frame. i did have one half of one of the brackets break, so i welded those uprights down to the front crossmember.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  27. A few of my photos of the event! Motor is in. My work is done here:rolleyes: Last photo just to prove I was there:p
    TB\'s 001.JPG TB\'s 002.JPG TB\'s 004.JPG
    TB\'s 005.JPG TB\'s 006.JPG TB\'s 003.JPG
    Cool story about the Trans. Look closely at the photo! I will let Ted tell it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
    volvobrynk and tb33anda3rd like this.
  28. did the final adjustment on the steering box and fixed the pitman arm; DSCF4081.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. i also bolted the engine down using the new mounts. i originally thought i could use the large washers under the mount but it set the motor too high. so i added to the brackets and shaped them DSCF4076.JPG DSCF4080.JPG to the rubber mounts. engine sits perfect now.

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  30. i also installed the headers. they have no relief for the side plugs in the head so i needed to grind the plugs flush. the headers snake perfectly through and around the frame, steering box, starter and clutch linkage. DSCF4077.JPG DSCF4078.JPG DSCF4079.JPG

LOU WELLS and kiwijeff like this.