Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage It's JUNE anyone going to the LA Roadster Show and Swap Meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jun 1, 2015.

1. mike the plumber

mike the plumber

Every year I take my father-n-law for fathers day, be sure to have your best walking shoes on!

2. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am so jealous of you S.O.B.'s. My best friend and I were planing on driving his roadster down from B.C. Ive been saving for a year for this trip. We were to be leaving on the 15th. But I got a new job two months ago and no vacation for the first year so I had to bail on the trip :(
    Have a great time guys. Post lots of pics for me please.

3. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Getting ready to leave Thursday. Painted the headers a couple of days ago. An annual event. All the junk covered behind them in the picture will be loaded in the truck to sell at the swap.
    See you there.
    Gary

IMG_0271.jpg

4. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Me and my boy will be there. Scored a wristband to eat lunch and dinner with the club, hope it'll be a hoot!

5. 51 mercules

51 mercules

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm off, got to catch a plane! Dinner in Burbank, see you all Friday-Sunday. Bob

7. heinz51

heinz51

Wow grew up in E.L.A. was 17 in 1971. This is the first reference to the Great Western Exibit I've ever seen. Lot's of car shows customs and roadsters seen there made me the junkyard dog I am.

Special Ed likes this.
  8. How's that song go ...."my bags are packed, I'm ready to go":D

9. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Wish i could say that Geaham. Although I think I'm on schedule. Started loading the truck with swap stuff and cleaning the roadster this morning. I've still got two days to get my shit together. Don't look too close to the roadster I'm not going to lay on my back and clean the underside. I think it's clean enough to get through Gate 1.
    Gary

k1w1rodder likes this.
  10. It's the wife, she thinks its nessessary to pack three times before she's satisfied she's got everything she needs:eek::D

need louvers ? likes this.
  11. If your gonna sell you may be able to get in. Im going to try this myself on Friday.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  12. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

NHRA Museum will be open on Friday.

You will need a wristband to get in on Friday to the swap area. Swap sellers move in Friday at 10am. Fairplex Parking lots are not open on Friday. To get a wristband, you would have to pay for a swap space. You can park for Free at the NHRA museum.

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm in Burbank, just a walk around after my first coffee and 10-12 HAMB friendly cars are parked on the street and in yards, these look to be daily drivers, you never stuff like this on the East Coast. Bob

14. Drive'em

Drive'em

Ok Hambers is there going to be a Hamb meet & greet anytime, anywhere over the weekend?

15. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

It's all secret squirrel...you gotta walk around and say "Hokey Ass" to their face and do the secret handshake...it's kinda like The Shocker. Only *true* HAMBers will respond in kind. Good luck!

16. Drive'em

Drive'em

Ok, I'll have to give that a try!

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

be sure to take pics & post here

18. Finally got loaded and ready to roll out from the High Desert.

19. CAHotRodBoy

CAHotRodBoy

Swap meet tomorrow!

20. Good try & it almost worked but didn't happen. BOO HOO Hoo

Attached Files:

21. Here already look in good

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

Went through the NHRA museum, then found out I could have been walking around in the swap meet! I don't think I missed out on anything I could afford, SOLD on a rolling untouched '32 chassis, '31 Vicky body, and a'32 Tudor body. Lots of West Coast tin, many empty spaces that will be full tomorrow. Having a great time, SOCAL and Walden open houses were great, lots of cars t photograph there. Bob

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nobody on this planet is more shocked than me at the fact that I am in my office in Phoenix instead of L.A.R.S. this weekend! After 26 years of going each year, and even having L.A.R.S. declared a "religious holiday" before I would take a corporate job, I had to pass this year.

My schnauzer Rocky is sick, and that is to say, my son is sick. There was just no way I could bring myself to leave him over what may very well be his last weekend.

I'll be back over next year...

24. clem

clem

^^^^^ Kids are more important than cars !