Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1951 Ford Custom V8 Shoebox

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by flamed34, Jun 6, 2015.

1. flamed34

flamed34

City: Youngsville (near Raleigh)

State: North Carolina
    Price: $2100 obo
    Price Drop....from $3300 to $2800 to $2500 to $2300 to $2100....
    No Title but clean VIN -- I have bill of sale from the son of the original owner and the person I bought it from.

Relatively solid 1951 Ford Custom. Issues in the normal places, but most notably the floors and rockers. However, we built one of these several years back and this is in overall much more solid shape.

Somewhat unusual powder blue.

Doors are pinching due to the floors/body mounts but a relatively easy fix. The car came from a pretty poor area of NC and some of the added "trim" is there to "gussy it up", not necessarily to hide damage. Especially stunning is the non-matching blue paint that is brushed on along trim lines.
    The flathead V8 is there, but currently stuck. I've pulled the plugs (today) and soaking it down with PB Blaster, but unsure if it will free up without pulling the heads. Two wheels are seized, but they were free 2 months ago. If I get a chance, I'll pull the drums and fix.

I got this car as a part of a package deal -- I had to buy it to get the car I wanted and as such not overly attached to it.

I'm starting the price at $3300 but willing to discuss and negotiate. I have it on my car trailer now, so I could deliver within a reasonable distance. Message me and lets talk. Also always interested in trades, particularly things with motors (Cars/Trucks/Tractors with loaders/etc. . .)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  2. flamed34

flamed34

Dropped the price to $2800...but very negotiable. Need it off my trailer.

3. flamed34

flamed34

Price drop again...$2500 and willing to negotiate. At some point I'll pull it apart and use it for swap meet fodder (the pile is getting low), but would rather sell as is.

4. flamed34

flamed34

Dropped to $2300...how low can it go???

5. flamed34

flamed34

Dropping it again....$2100