Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Carl Green Passed Away Yesterday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by arkiehotrods, Jun 12, 2015.

1. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Sad news was shared with me today; Carl Green passed away yesterday from complications due to a fall. I met him for the first time at the Stray Kat 500 this year, when he stuck out his hand and said, "Who are you?" with big smile on his face. He will be dearly missed by a lot of people.

Here is his profile page, and you might want to check out his albums to see just who he was and what he did. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/members/whamoman.58620/

2. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

3. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

Carl will be missed, prayers for his loved ones. Don in Indiana

4. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

RIP Carl, I hope you're out crusing in your dream car. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

5. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I find it kind of sad that not a bunch of people knew Carl, or perhaps knew all the great custom builds that he was involved with. I didn't know him personally, but I've read a lot about him over the years, and have come to the conclusion he was a great craftsman and not too much into the PR stuff like some of the so called "great builders".

Just a peek at his personal albums here on the HAMB, can keep you busy for a long time! This man has done it all. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/members/whamoman.58620/

Hnstray likes this.
  6. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Yep, He was really a great Craftsman. I met him when he had his shop in Ventura in the late `80`s` and we were finishing our Bonneville car. I built the seat and water tank in his shop over a weekend. Quiet and not attention seeking, he just went out and did it.
    To those that know good work, and to his friends and Family.......Carl, we`ll miss you.....

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to his family & friends.

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

At the Stray Kat 500, six weeks ago today.
    Carl being Carl, messing with Paul
    [​IMG]

9. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I concur with you Paul ( Kiwi Tinbender), Carl was a nice ,
    unassuming guy & was always pleasant to me .
    RIP Carl.

10. Carl was an amazing craftsman, a super nice guy and a good friend.
    The news of his passing was heartbreaking to Julie and I. When Julie was in the hospital a few years back, Carl took the time to call or text every day. He always did his best to keep my spirits up when things were not looking so well for her.
    . The list of his accomplishments is huge. Cars, motorcycles, movie stuff.
    Not only did the industry / hobby lose a great talent and craftsman, we lost a kind, sincere, caring gentleman.
    My sincere condolences to his family and friends. Carl will be missed.