Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy in Shreveport, LA - 1956 Pontiac Chieftain Catalina

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Clint Lovell, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Clint Lovell

Clint Lovell

Shook hands and left a deposit this afternoon on a very nice 56 Pontiac Chieftain Catalina 4 door hardtop. A trip to the bank and a day off later this week and I'll be bringing it home. I have restored a 56 Chevy pickup and a 42 chevy pickup, along with several vintage mustangs over the years, but all have slipped thru my hands as priorities shifted. Hopefully, I can keep this beauty with me for the duration, since we're both 56 models. Look forward to tapping your knowledge bank here as I get acquainted with this car. I want to add air conditioning after I get some seat belts in it. If anyone has some hints or suggestions about adding seatbelts, and/or shoulder harnesses to a 4 door hardtop, I'm all ears. Same thing with the AC. Will probably add a hangdown type of AC. Thanks for the welcome.

Attached Files:

2. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

WELCOME FROM HARVEY DA BEST BANK

3. dtwbcs

dtwbcs
    from Brenham,TX

I asked same question; still waiting on that advice.....

4. Smoke4570

Smoke4570

Welcome! I have a 55 Cheiftain I've been tinkering with. No seat belts, but I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Attached Files:

5. k9racer

k9racer

Welcome from Huntsville Alabama.. My friend from LA named Beaudrow bought his seat belts from J C Whitney. Years ago many people added seat belts to old cars. Army bases made you have them to register a car on post. You can also find seat belts and add on a c kits in Hemmings motor news.

6. Welcome! Good to have you here.