Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Metalshaping/Metalworking DVDs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rex_A_Lott, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

From the time I was 12 until I was in my early 20's I rode dirt bikes, and I raced dirt cars off and on for over 20 years, and I never had any bad injuries. Sunday I was helping my buddy with his VW "Thing" and I stumbled over the bumper in the floor and wound up on crutches with a broke leg...the irony of it all.Should have known better than to work on that junk , I guess.
    Being forced to sit a lot for the next few weeks I thought I'd order some DVD's and try to learn something. I can only HAMB and Fordbarn so much.
    I have David Gardiner's (Mindover here) and I liked it a lot. I've been searching for " How to Layout and punch Louvers" by Chip Quinn, but I cant seem to find it.:D
    I'd like to hear about any DVD's you have and like, or if you care to say it, any you have you didnt like. David covered the basics pretty well. I'd like something on wheeling, making track noses, fenders, etc out of multiple pieces put together.
    Also, if you've got any suggestions about occupying my time on crutches, well, I'm listening and not going anywhere fast.:)
    Thanks

2. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Just a bump, looking for DVD suggestions.

3. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Search for "mindover" here on the HAMB. He is from England and is an awesome metal worker and has DVDs that are supposed to be really good.

4. stinkity stoink

stinkity stoink
    from new jersey

Peter tomasini (spelling ?) he has DVDs called hand built

5. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Rex, go to the website www.allmetalshaping.com. All about metalshaping and the tools and tecniques to build just about anything. Most of the great metal shapers of the world are participants on this site and give advice and tips freely. There is no charge to be a member and you can learn a ton from the posts. A number of the members have DVD's available and you can find a bunch of links to you tube videos by people like Lazze, David Gardiner, and others. Check it out I think you will be astounded at some of the projects done by members there.

6. Rex,man I'm sorry to hear about you breaking your leg,got remember your starting to get old and them old bones don't mend as fast as they use to. HRP

7. Halfdozen

Halfdozen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anything by Wray Schelin or Ron Covell will be worthwhile. Lots on YouTube.
    Edit: John Glover, Fay Butler and Marcel Delay too.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  8. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Thanks for the DVD suggestions.
    I will be sure to check out the allmetalshaping website.
    Danny, tell me about it. I had much worse licks when I was younger and came out OK.
    Thanks to all who replied.:)