Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration TJR lifetime memberships

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Jun 3, 2015.

1. I was able to order online as well. THANKS TRJ!

2. Murphy32

Murphy32
    from Minnesota

It's alive !!!!~

3. corvettethrills

corvettethrills
    from Ca

It appears TRJ's website had a self induced denial of service attack. It isn't necessary for everyone to beat their browser's refresh button like damn air chisel. The "sold out" status would have updated to "Available" without refreshing the page. Their server is hit or miss now.

4. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Yay! Now we can all pretend that we were never mad at Rodder's Journal!

TRJ, thanks for working so hard to not only release more subscriptions but also to fix the internet mess that all of us grease monkeys caused. Paper Magazine called, they want to do a collaboration with you to break the internet a third time.

5. EW_

EW_
    from DFW

6. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

Today just might be my lucky day then... Just got through and ordered one!

Was just worried I was going to miss it again.. Missed by 10 minutes last time.

Better then winning the lottery.

Good luck and thanks for the opportunity!

Attached Files:

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  7. Swede64

Swede64

Got one too. Suddenly my heart is warm and the sun is shinig. THANKS TRJ!!!

8. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

Took another round and finally managed to place my order!

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Here it is 11 AM Alberta time and I thought that I had missed it.
    I logged in and ordered one up.
    Success :cool: I'm in. A lifetime member.
    I have all but stopped buying magazines at the news stand and have not subscribed to any magazine for a long time.
    This offer has me smiling however and I'm looking forward to getting the goodies and this top quality publication.
    I've only ever read one previous issue.
    Thanks guys for making this available.
    Larry. :)

10. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

We'd like to thank everyone who joined in on our Lifetime Subscription offer. Your support means the world to us. All phone, online and international orders have been SOLD OUT. Thank you again. -TRJ

Attached Files:

11. Showed out of stock every time for me. Oh well.......

At my age, maybe I 'm better off renewing annually.
    LOL!

12. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Thank YOU TRJ for giving those of us who were slow pokes the first time around a second shot! Keep up the great work! I hope to see more boxed sets in the future, and you can bet I'll be buying more T-shirts!

13. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

And now I missed it 3 times

14. thinkfink

thinkfink

sh...way back from work...missed it.

15. A Rodder

A Rodder

I tried probably 40 times from 8 to 9o'clock. After about 8:10 it always said it was out of stock. Prior to 8:10 the countdown timer kept resetting itself back to 2 minutes and 15 seconds?

I refreshed my email then hit the link each time and got the same results.

I called in on both the phone numbers listed I bet 50 times alternating on my work lines to no avail...

Man that's a bummer.

That is nice gesture though to re offer it to us West Coast guys (Oregon here).

16. SHOOOOT! Missed it again!

17. 5window

5window

I will confess to to treating my redial phone feature that way. It wasn't just just that the website was non-functional, but the phone lines soon went to "mailbox full" (and I mean all 3 lines including Canada) so you couldn't even hold for an operator.

Additionally, what my webpage showed was not sold out, but every T shirt size was "unavailable" and, therefore, you couldn't even proceed.

That being said, MAJOR kudos to TRJ for not only offering more subscriptions, but for fixing the site so quickly. I am happy now.

18. 5window

5window

I considered that, but now I just have one more thing to get in shape for and live a longer life. >:)

19. Rathbone

Rathbone

Are you kidding me?! Ha ha - after 2 hours I gave up, then they become available and I don't know about it. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

20. 5window

5window

I, too, had giveen up. Then, just before I left for work I thought,"what the hell..." and there it was. Lucky, I guess.

21. I was one of the guys who scored on the first round. Tried the online order and got a "sold out" page so I called the 1-800 number and left a message. Monday I was notified that I had made the cut. TRJ is a highly ethical operation and I don't think they set out to scam anyone or play favorites. Things just went unexpectedly crazy. You gotta admit ponying up another 400 opportunities was a class act.

22. franco

franco
    from pa

Rodders Journal Ungrateful? They gave no consideration to loyal subscribers from the very first issue. I see they gave consideration to West Coast people....good for them. I guess they just don't appreciate the faithful reader!! Franco

23. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'm pretty good at putting myself in other people's shoes. As such, I can see why you would be frustrated. That said, try putting yourself in TRJ's shoes. If ya do so, you'll see they tried really hard to make as many people as happy as they could. I know this for a fact as I've talked to the fellas a few times the past couple of days and know how stress and worried they have been.

Two things to consider:

1. They literally had no idea the response would be as intense as it has been. They were surprised as hell that the first batch sold out as fast as it did.

2. When it did and they heard from people that were disappointed, they did everything that they could to make as many people happy as they could - this includes selling more lifetime subs than they really wanted too.

At the end of the day, getting a lifetime sub from TRJ is like winning the lottery... Only, you didn't have to pay for your lottery ticket unless you won.

24. Rathbone

Rathbone

The demand would seem to indicate the price was too low. What do you think the Market Value really is? Maybe $500?

25. ..........................................That kinda depends on how long you plan to live.:)

26. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Compared to the news stand prices and subscription fee, I believe that it's the best deal out there. On top of that its a hell of lot better than what's out there now.

27. Rathbone

Rathbone

I plan to live forever. So far, it's going pretty well.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  28. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I invested zero time into getting online and zero time making phone calls. I did not get a lifetime subscription. I came out nice and even as I got return equal to my investment! Now I plan to renew my sub and the Journal will land in my mailbox. #WINNING

I look at it this way... it's the cost of ten McD value meals. I can eat peanut butter 10 days a year and be happier/healthier for it. Thank you to TRJ for making this generous offer *twice*.

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  29. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I started dialing at 11:00 AM EST and continued for 45 minutes only to get crap messages about full mailboxes or busy signals, on ANY number I tried. At the same time I kept trying the website to try and order one online, but again it was crap and nothing worked. This is the last time I even think about doing this kind of thing. I have plenty of others ways I can spend my money.

30. OGS41

OGS41

really wanted to take advantage and started calling at 11am EST. immediately went to voicemail with a full mailbox for both local and 800 numbers. actually watched the count down and started when it hit 5 seconds. told customers I couldn't wait on them as I tried to get through. love the mag but this should have been fair to all subscribers. cheers to all who figured it out. the guy who posts sales of $180000 plus international sales in less than a half hour total deserves an "ataboy"..hoping for better luck next time. still a loyal HAMB and RJ subscriber.